• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tax credits and the sure start maternity grant..

F

FierceAngel

so there is a chance we may qualify fot the ssmg..

on the tax credit basis..

the form on the job centre website says tht if you recieve more than £1095 a year in ctc (with a baby under 1) you qualify...

it mentions family element?

so ive done my calculations thru the tax credit website which is now currently not working grrr! and using the benefits calculator thingy tht came free with a FSA guide..

according to the calculators we will recieve £61 per week in ctc and £18 per week in wtc.. this is based on oh wage last year of £15,000..

i have been told they will disregard my maternity allowance as income :happydance:
(though i have to request they take into consideration tht this years income is considerbly less than last years as usually its taken on previous year ifykwim)

so basically £61 per week is £3172 per year and therefor over the min required and makes us entitled?

or is ctc broken down into different elements...

soooo confused.. any of you tht have a tax credit notification to hand and might be able to help please let me know!

or if any of you have approx same income as me and oh, and have 1 child under a year old..and wouldnt mind telling me what your family element is it would help soo much..

pm me if you prefer :blush:

thanks in advance xx:blush:

Im not very clued up on this but it sounds like you might be in a similar position to me (although ive not had baby yet !)

Are you already getting working tax credit ? Did you work before getting maternity allowance ?

I have found it all really confusing but from what I can work out we will be entitled to the £500 as we get about £200 working tax credit per month already between the two of us and based on the website information it looks like we will qualify for the higher rate of child tax credit to which Im hoping means we can claim the grant.

Mind you im not sure how accurate the website is as when we first applied the website told us we were entitled to LESS than we were actually awarded !

My hubby gets 14700 and we are entitled to the surestart grant as long as your child tax is more then £1095 a year then u will get it (with baby under 1) ....My child is over one so its over 547 a yr ....which i thought must be wrong bcos as ive 3 kids of course i am getting more then 547 a yr but they have said yes its right and i am entitled hope this helps xxx

As Serina said really, i think you should qualify at that rate x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->