tax credits question

M

MrsEngland

Hi, I've just received a compensation payment from the criminal injuries compensation authority (a government scheme) and im trying to find out if I have to declare compensation claims on my child tax credit award does anyone know?

Did you have to pay any tax on it? If not then no you don't. My husband was awarded some compensation this year but it was tax free money so we didn't have to declare it to tax credits.

Hi, I've just received a compensation payment from the criminal injuries compensation authority (a government scheme) and im trying to find out if I have to declare compensation claims on my child tax credit award does anyone know?

I think if it's less than £6,000 then you don't need to declare it. I'm waiting for a claim to be finalised which is estimated to be around £2,500 and I've been told by my solicitor that I won't need to declare it.

Even over £6,000 is ok (our payment was) if it's not taxable it's not part of your income x

Even over £6,000 is ok (our payment was) if it's not taxable it's not part of your income x

Ahh! I didn't know that x

If not we owe the tax man :/ pretty certain though!! Especially as the payment was made through hubby's work but went in separately to wages and isn't mentioned on the pay slip not even on the untaxable pay bit where his expenses usually go x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->