Tax credits question

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Miss_d, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Miss_d

Miss_d Well-Known Member

I am due my tax credits on Friday, but my circumstances have changed so if i was to phone them today and make the changes would i still receive the payment on friday?

2. Bexx

Bexx I'm a mum!

It takes a while for the payment to be adjusted hun. If you're close to a payment date, you will almost certainly receive the usual amount this time.

If you give them a call, they will tell you exactly when your payments will change. I had to do this back in July and had a payment due in about a week which wasn't changed, but it was sorted in time for the following month.

3. Laura2919

Laura2919 Team Twilight!!

Should do. It only takes a few days To change over. I told them my employment had changed on the Tuesday and on the Thursday my tax credits had changed....

Also you won't really have to pay anything back cos they adjust it all..

4. tina_h75

tina_h75 mommy of 3

tax credits are normally really good about changing things over quickly. I always get the payment in my bank before I receive the confirmation letter. Its income support and housing benefit messing me about at the moment. Rent due tomorrow and I don't have it!!