TB scare

ishtar

Mum of one son
Reaction score
Yikes, yesterday the hubby shook the hand of a man who apparently failed his TB test :shock:

He didn't find out until afterwards, but he threw everything in the washer and took a hot shower, before he would even come near me.

Now I'm super paranoid looking for signs of TB. This sucks!

Sorry hun, I may be being ignorant here... but what's a TB test? Is there a worry that your hubby may have caught TB?

TB is tuberculosis, and is transmitted with droplets I think, sneezing, coughing, that sort of thing. And every foreign student here has to have a TB test.

He probably didn't get it, but it just gives you the heebie jeebies to know that he shook hands with a guy that could be contagious.

Chances are you probably don't have it. If you are really worried you can get the test done. If you got TB the symptoms most likely wouldn't show up right away. TB can sometimes lie dormant for months and months without any sign that you have it. I had a scare last year as well when someone at the hospital I had gone to had TB and they sent a letter to everyone telling them to get tested so I did some research. All they do is inject some kind of fluid into your forearm and if your skin reacts a certain way there is a possibility you could have it.
Well I hope that helps :)

Thanks, I'll probably ask the doc about it, I have an appointment next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->