Teacher Gifts

Babybump87

Reaction score
What are you buying / making for your children's school teachers ?!

DD1 is leaving nursery and I am stuck what to get them . They usually get wine and chocolates at the end of term but feel that's naff for end of school year as they have really helped us both !

Ideas 💡 very much welcomed! Thanks

Maybe a voucher for somewhere? I seem to always buy a Costa (or another coffee place) voucher along with some chocs/biscuits. I guess even if they don't drink it they will know someone who does!

We made home-made thank you cards for the teachers and tried to have the kids involved in making them. My son who's 2 basically only played with some of the washi tape. My daughter insisted on painting her teachers' cards. We gave them to them on the last day of nursery. I know cards are nothing much but we just wanted our teachers to know that they were appreciated.

My daughter is also leaving and has seven teachers at her nursery, I can't afford gifts for them all. I've made personalised thank you cards with a a poem and a photo of when she started to now (both nursery photos). Hoping they appreciate the sentimental value rather than a gift!

I wouldn't normally do teacher gifts but a couple of weeks ago was approached by another parent to ask if I'd like to put some money towards a voucher for a nice shopping centre in the area, I thought that was a great idea. In the end 15 of us all put in £5, so £75 in total, she also picked up a small blank canvas and all of the children involved wrote a message on it.

My kids are leaving their nursery for another one/school and my son had been there for 2.5 years so I got the teachers a Bomb Cosmetics gift set, mini bottle of prosecco and a wee thing of Ferrero Rochers plus a card, their key worker got the same and my daughter's key worker from last year got flowers, a wee candle, the wee bottle of prosecco and the wee chocolates too because she was still very involved with my daughter and my daughter's 'best friend'. I then got a generic card and box of Thortons from Tesco for the rest of the key and support workers to share. I gave more this year but because they are leaving that nursery for good, they've also been very helpful with my son dealing with many issues so feel they needed a huge thank you!

Ohh some brilliant ideas ladies thanks I really love the personalised gifts I may go with one of those she's already told me she wants to make a card so that's perfect !

Oh and last year my daughter's key worker got a handprint flower with the typical 'Thanks for helping me grow.' but it was lovely and very well recieved!

I've bought a large wooden plaque shaped like a jigsaw piece, it says 'thanks for being a piece of my life' on it. I've painted it off white and on the back I'm going to decoupage photos of my son that were taken at nursery.

This is for all the practitioners that have been in his rooms over the years (He's been at the nursery for 4 years and starts school in September) I'll get his current key worker some chocolates too.

We're baking a cake for ds1's teacher which we will decorate with 'thank you' then ive also got her a bottle of prosecco to go with it. Ds2 is finishing playgroup for the summer but is going back after the break do we're making some little cakes for them. We always write nice cards or make our own ones if they want to

Loving all the ideas thank you !!

I *think* we are going with
A home made card
M and Ms in a jar and poem
Word art collage in a frame (keepsake)
Bottle of prosecco
And DD has told me she wants to buy chocolates she has seen in the shop lol

Really like the Jigsaw idea may to this next year !

Feeling emotional now her time in nursery is coming to an end ! God help me on her last day !

Loving all the ideas thank you !!

I *think* we are going with
A home made card
M and Ms in a jar and poem
Word art collage in a frame (keepsake)
Bottle of prosecco
And DD has told me she wants to buy chocolates she has seen in the shop lol

Really like the Jigsaw idea may to this next year !

Feeling emotional now her time in nursery is coming to an end ! God help me on her last day !

So with you on the emotional :cry: my baby is growing up too fast! I wish I could express to his teachers how wonderful they have been and how much it means to us...

after reading this thread I'm thinking handmade cards, home made rainbow cookies (DS is obsessed with rainbows) and wine. Hopefully that's a good balance of personal and treats. Thanks for the ideas :flower:

Oh thank good someone else is like me !!

Me and the teachers cried when we gave them their presents said how wonderful DD was ! Then we all cried again saying goodbye and pick up time even though one of the teachers will be her reception teacher .

Ahh that's so sweet! We have another three weeks but I am so dreading it. I can't imagine him not being there, they are so lovely at his nursery we will all miss them so much

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->