Teachers

Oh oh oh.... I'm a head of science in a secondary school!!! Hi everyone :wave:

I've been teaching for 5 years..

Oh oh oh.... I'm a head of science in a secondary school!!! Hi everyone :wave:

I've been teaching for 5 years..

Well I guess I'm your underling then..nearly done my NQT year now.

What with the reduced timetable now thanks to year 11's being on study leave me and 2 other teachers helped the lab tech decorate the head of sciences motorbike with the department skeletons and various bits and bobs.

...this is why the head technician should never be allowed a day off...the department goes to pot!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I like the idea of decorating a motorbike!!! The departments do normally go to pot without the head tech... unless you have mine in which case it runs better!!

Im a 23 year old highschool science teacher, and i don't know how I survive! i teach 9th and 10th grade Biology Honors, 11th grade chemistry and 12th grade ecology...yikes!

Im a 23 year old highschool science teacher, and i don't know how I survive! i teach 9th and 10th grade Biology Honors, 11th grade chemistry and 12th grade ecology...yikes!

wow what a load !

:headspin: My Mom and Sister are both Teachers!!! My mother just retireded this year and unfortunatly due to the economy and budget cuts, my sister is one of thousands of teachers that got laid off this year :( Teachers are so important, yoiui would think this would be the last area that gets budget cuts :(

I'm still an NQt can not complete my year while at the PRU, doesn't stop me being head of maths though.

I'm leaving my current job when bean arrives so I can do the last term of my NQT then hopefully getting it back permanently next summer.

We survived OFSTED, teaching and learning in maths was deemed good, so i'm happy especially when science was only satisfactory....

Hiya, I'll join you! I teach Geography at secondary school.

Another teacher here..........I am a lecturer in a law at an Inner City London College and have been lecturing for close to 8 years now. The age range varies from 16 to 60. It is very challenging but I just adore the 16-19 year olds because they are so funny. The mature students are a bit of a headache and I find many of them challenging me due to being the same age as me or even older so they cannot deal with someone telling them what to do..............sighs. I have been signed off work since January with a pregnancy related condition, but had been forcing myself to work just so that I wouldnt let them down until I had a major altercation with one of the mature students that spurred me to take time off. I seriously questioned myself why I was killing myself for students who really didnt give a toss. I would say that if I didnt have to teach these mature students then my job would be perfect.

I will be going back to work on a full time basis in February as we are lucky enough to only have to teach 23 hours a week as full time lecturers and we can turn up and leave as and when which is very handy

wow theres quite a few secondary teachers! I imagined the majority to be primary ...not entirely sure why though :dohh:

I prefer the older kids, I find the little ones need tons of hand-holding and to change activities every 10 minutes.

i'm not sure i could cope with the cheek of teenagers!

I prefer the older kids, I find the little ones need tons of hand-holding and to change activities every 10 minutes.

There are plenty of mine who still need their hands holding!! :rofl:

LOL exactly! I spent a week in a primary school, far too much snot and singing!

...but yeah lilbump the teenagers are cheeky little f**kers sometimes!

Hey girls
I am a primary school techer and teach 4/5 year olds.
I love it, they are so innocent at that age and come out with the funniest things!
You have to have a lot of patients and time, but its so worth while!
x

i teach pre-primary kids and absolutely adore my students!

i've taught older kids (and some adults) and find teaching them challenging, too.

in fact, i think teaching is interesting in itself, no matter how old the students.

well today i went off to the ministry of education where i live to get approval for my job next year, and then to the bank to apply for pension papers and they told me that i need to decide which union i belong to before i can sign for teachers pension, so i am off to find out the differences. didnt know i had to join one!

Well today was my first day back at work and it did not go great.
My job fell through just before I was meant to start Sept 1st, so on Thursday morning i got a call to go interview for a job teaching in elementary school, i have not taught little ones before but I wanted to go back to work so I thought why not. They told me to start sunday, no books, no idea who I will be teaching nothing! So I went in this morning at 8 and they threw me right into 3rd grade who had no English ( the subject i teach) books, I did my best but I found the discipline very hard. The kids taught non stop and although I said to be quiet, walked around the room, tried to stop until there was quiet it still didnt do much. I never thought of myself as weak at discipline, but I guess I was. One kid also was kicking another kid and so I took them apart but afterward i thought oh no, I am not supposed to touch the kids, so I am worried I will get into trouble for this. I just don't know what to do to be more effective in discipline. I know next time I teach Tuesday I have to lay down the law or I am going to lose things. Anyway thats me...:nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->