Teaching assistant interview help needed

davidjoemum

mum to Davie and Sophie
Reaction score
Hi there
Finally after searching for my dream job I got interview!!!!!its for SEN TA and I'm over the moon! I really really want to get this job! But I need help what they are going to ask me and what should I wear????
Please help me girls
My interview is on Monday.
Thanx

I'm a senco and I interview for the kind of job you are going for. You need to dress smartly - trousers/skirt and shirt. You need to know about the need of the child - read as much as you can about it. The job advert should have given you a clue about this if it is for a specific child. You need to be able to talk about how you would help that child in the classroom and socially with peers, what difficulties would you expect them to face and how would you deal with that/adapt things for them, how would you adapt lessons/activities if they weren't accessing it, what resources would you prepare to support them etc. you will definitely be asked about safeguarding too. I'd say it's likely that you will need to talk about parents and communicating with them too if it's for a 1:1 ta position. Hope that helps - good luck!

Good luck, dress smart. Be yourself I'm sure you will do fine x

That's my job hun :) I've been at my job for almost 3 years tho and can't remember what went on in my interview haha! I know they asked me about how I would handle challenging behaviour tho, I must admit tho I took a folder with me which I think was what got me the job. In my folder I had copies of worksheets etc I had created as when I was doing my level 3 TA training in a different SEN school, the class had a range of different abilities and the class teacher used to prepare a worksheet and then ask me if I could adapt it for him to suit the less able. So when I was a bit lost for words in my interview I got out the folder and talked them through my worksheets - within 30 minutes they rang me to tell me when I was starting :happydance: Good luck hunnie, you'll nail it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->