Team Tick Tock~35+ TTC~Racing to Beat the Clock!

TaeBoMama

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I've created this team for those of us who are TTC at 35+. It doesn't matter if you're trying for your 1st baby or your 10th, if you're 35 or older this team is for you! Let's get to know each other and travel this special journey together. :hugs:

Our team so far:

TaeBoMama
susan36 :bfp: 12/19/10...:angel:--:bfp:
ready4onemore :bfp: 1/2/11...:angel:--:bfp:
angelcake71
InLuv2 :bfp:-3/12/2011 --Delivered 10/31/2011 :happydance:
FutureMommie
flibbrtygibbt :bfp: Due 5/22/12
Dyme_Diva40
future_numan :bfp:--Due 05/08/12
Sweet_Alida :bfp: 2/27/11--DELIVERED 11/03/11 :happydance:
nursebetty
TerriLou
redredwinelov
rosie5637--:bfp:
JanetPlanet
MrsR3AM5
midlifemama

Snag one of our team banners by adding the code to your signature:

https://i.imgur.com/J0aSw.gif

PHP:
[URL=https://www.mybannermaker.com][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/J0aSw.gif[/IMG][/URL]

https://i.imgur.com/Jwt7i.gif

PHP:
[URL=https://www.mybannermaker.com][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/Jwt7i.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Introduce yourself and tell us about your TTC journey!

I'll start it off...

I'm 38...will be 39 in March. Hubby is 42. We have 4 kids: 17, 14, 10, and 7. Some folks think I'm nuts for wanting a 5th...and I guess I am! I love kids and the wonderful chaos of a big family. Hubby was happy with 3, but I talked him into TTC our 4th. He said, "Okay, let's have another, but ONLY if you promise to not ask for a 5th!" So with that promise, I could only hint to wanting another--I couldn't ask. But with each hint came a loud NO from my husband. I prayed for God to soften his heart to the idea of another LO. And one day my husband said, "I've been thinking...maybe we should have another." I was like: :saywhat: LOL!

I knew that it may take longer this time around, due to the older egg issue. But after about a year (or so) of trying, I started to worry. I did some research and learned the high blood pressure meds my husband was taking was also known as "The Male Contraceptive." Calcium Channel Blockers do some horrendous things to the poor swimmers.:spermy: In fact, it takes months after discontinuing the drug before normal sperm are produced. So although we've been trying for a LONG time, we've only had about 4 cycles of healthy swimmers.

I have to admit, I'm getting a little nervous with thoughts that maybe my eggs are all washed up...maybe they are just too old. Perhaps they look something like this: :jo:
But I try to comfort myself with the knowledge that my mom conceived my sister when she was my age (38), and she wasn't even trying! Lots of women 35 and older are able to have successful pregnancies. It can take longer, but it is POSSIBLE!

Good luck to all of you who are racing to beat the clock!:thumbup:

hi im susan iv just turned 37 and trying for number 4 , i have 3 teenagers 19, 16 , 14 , been trying 3 years , with a mmc in june at 12 weeks , so hopefully wont take this long again :flower:

hi im susan iv just turned 37 and trying for number 4 , i have 3 teenagers 19, 16 , 14 , been trying 3 years , with a mmc in june at 12 weeks , so hopefully wont take this long again :flower:

:wave: Hi Susan,

I'm really sorry for your loss. It is encouraging to know that you can indeed conceive...even if it is a slow process. I sincerely hope you get that BFP sooner rather than later (but even later is better than never :winkwink:).

Do your teens know you're TTC? If so, what do they think about having a new brother or sister? My kids are all looking forward to another little one. But I'm sure my older kids are somewhat grossed out by the idea of the process to get there. LOL.

Thanks for joining in and introducing yourself!

hi , i have a great gp and she was so good , she told me that we know the sperm can meet the egg so i can get preg , so thats encouraging , my daughter who is 16 is good with it aslong as i dont have a girl as shes my only girl lol my oldest son is a bit grossed out , because he will be 20 when its born , my sister had her last kid at 38 and my aunt at 47 so there is still hope , :flower:

hi im sue 43yrs old clock ticking i know .had loss last march at 23weeks due to problems.had mc 09 mc in march 10 resuling in erpc periods came bk july 10 so been try since then but periods r every 6wks or so .just have to keep try i aint giving up without a fight gd luck to every 1 sue.

Seaview24- Wow, 23 weeks is really far along for a loss. I'm really sorry you had to go through that. :hugs: I like what you said about not giving up without a fight. Same here!

Susan36-Sounds like you have a good GP. It is encouraging that the females in your family have had children at an older age. Wow..47? That's awesome!

Are you guys trying anything different this month? I was considering using egg whites to help hubbies swimmers, since there was no fertile CM last night...but I couldn't bring myself to insert...(possible Salmonella?) egg whites into my body.8-[ But I've found many women online who say it works, and with no infections. I think I'm getting too desperate. LOL.

:dust:

Hello ladies,

My name is Karen. I am 38 will be 39 in September. I have to boys age 19 and 17 (12/06). Had my tubes tied at the tender age of 21. :cry: I had a TR (tubal reversal) on October 5, 2010. I always want another especially a girl. My dh has no kids of his own we have been together for 12 years and married for 10 years. I look forward to getting to know each of you. Feel free to ask me any questions.

iv been using this cbfm this for the past 3 cycles and concieve +, i did research on the egg whites and a lot of bfp with it , i think the eggs in uk are samonela free , id try anything lol

seaview im so sorry for your loss,:hugs:

ready4onemore--Welcome! :hi: So you just had your reversal--how exciting! I look forward to seeing you get your BFP!

Well ladies, I did it! I used egg whites! :blush: I brought it up to hubby and told him I wouldn't do it if he was opposed. He just said, "well, I think it's weird, but whatever you want." :haha: So if I get a nasty infection...I'm not telling my doctor how it came about!

ready4onemore--Welcome! :hi: So you just had your reversal--how exciting! I look to seeing you get your BFP!

Well ladies, I did it! I used egg whites! :blush: I brought it up to hubby and told him I wouldn't do it if he was opposed. He just said, "well, I think it's weird, but whatever you want." :haha: So if I get an nasty infection...I'm not telling my doctor how it came about!

Thanks for the welcome. I know this may be a dumb question but how do you insert the egg whites? Was it the whole white or just some of it?

ready4onemore--not a stupid question at all. I know this whole thing is really weird. I used a small medicine dropper, sort of looks like a miniature turkey baster.

I took the egg out of the fridge about 20 min before BD (you are supposed to take it out an hour before BD to allow it to get to room temperature). Because I needed to speed up the warming process, after washing the shell, I put the egg in a cup with warm water (not hot). After it warmed up a bit, I cracked it open and separated the whites from the yolk. I sucked some of the whites into the dropper and put it on my nightstand. The dropper is pretty small, but I still felt like I might have used too much. I inserted it at the last second. I felt ridiculous--like I do right now for putting this info on the net! LOL! I think I'm getting desperate for a BFP! Here is a site where you can learn more about using egg whites:

https://www.tryingtoconceive.com/eggwhites.htm

The lady in the videos at the above site states that the Salmonella is only on the egg shell. I'm not so sure of that. But I believe it's not common for an egg to harbor that bacteria. I know many folks eat undercooked eggs, meringue, and Caesar Salad, without a problem.

I'm not recommending this to anyone, as I really don't know how safe it is. I'll let you all know if it causes an infection or if I get a BFP. Online I found many forums where a woman would say that she was going to try it and that she would post the outcome. But they never came back! Perhaps they got an infection and DIED. I'll never know. But probably not. I'll let you guys know, for sure.

ready4onemore--Welcome! :hi: So you just had your reversal--how exciting! I look to seeing you get your BFP!

Well ladies, I did it! I used egg whites! :blush: I brought it up to hubby and told him I wouldn't do it if he was opposed. He just said, "well, I think it's weird, but whatever you want." :haha: So if I get an nasty infection...I'm not telling my doctor how it came about!

bet the docs heard alot worse hehehe if you get your bfp im defo buying a dozen eggs lol cheaper than concieve + ,

Taebo, I hope you get a BFP. I was thinking of taking soy next cycle if I am not preggo by then.

Susan, are you doing anything to help with conceiving?

Taebo, I hope you get a BFP. I was thinking of taking soy next cycle if I am not preggo by then.

Susan, are you doing anything to help with conceiving?

just using the cbfm , opks and concieve + and cough med , next month if i dont get my bfp going to try soy see if it helps iv read alot of woman get there bfps with it , :flower:

:flower: Hiya ladies,
Can I join please??

I am 39 and have 6 children from my 1st marriage.. got sterilised in 2000..
got divorced,met lovely new fella in 2005, had tubal reversal in July 2010.. got married September 2010.. got bfp as well but it was ectopic.. I was 7 weeks pregnant when I lost right tube and beanie.. waited 2 AF cycles as advised, am now ready to ttc again.. and will be dtd in 10 days time.. xx

:flower: Hiya ladies,
Can I join please??

I am 39 and have 6 children from my 1st marriage.. got sterilised in 2000..
got divorced,met lovely new fella in 2005, had tubal reversal in July 2010.. got married September 2010.. got bfp as well but it was ectopic.. I was 7 weeks pregnant when I lost right tube and beanie.. waited 2 AF cycles as advised, am now ready to ttc again.. and will be dtd in 10 days time.. xx

:hi: Angelcake and welcome. If you would like the banner in your siggy like ours go to the first page and you can get it.

anglecake--Welcome! :wave: Sorry to hear about the loss of your baby and your tube. Wishing you lots of luck this cycle! You and ready4onemore have a lot to share with your recent tubal reversals.

Ready4onemore and susan36, I see you guys are thinking about taking Soy. This is my 3rd cycle using it. The first cycle taking it, I ovulated on cd12, which is the first time to O that early in all the 14 cycles I've been temping/tracking. So I think it is doing something. I'm also taking the Robitussin near O. But darn it, I ran out on cd12. I've been using Robitussin for a few cycles.

Yesterday Texted hubby to see if he was up for another round of BDing. He came back with, "Sure, what you gonna use this time, half and half?" LOL.

The things we do to make a baby!

Hey ladies,

I just wanted to let you know that I created a smaller banner. You can use either one. I added the code for it to the first page. I also added your names to the page and will put the pretty little :bfp: sign next to our names as our BFPs come in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->