Team yellow and 20 week scan

rosegarden620

Reaction score
I'm so worried the tech is going to let the gender slip. I'm also worries I'll catch view of the goods and I know what I'm looking at so then I'll know too!

But I don't want to miss the second and last us of my pregnancy!

What tips do you have to stay team yellow?

tell the tech you dont want to know and dont look at the screen but ask for a print out of profile.

I told our tech I didn't want to know, she didn't let it slip, and we just looked away when she was ready to measure things like legs etc. No problem

They always ask if you want to know, and because everyone says yes, when you say no they will take extra care not to let slip. xxx

I think most techs will ask (ours did) but if she doesn't than tell her before she starts scanning you that you have no interest in knowing the gender. I personally couldn't tell from the anomaly scan what gender our baby is and I think most of the time they do have to go in at a certain angle to see gender. So don't think you'd accidentally be able to tell the gender but people are free to correct me if I'm wrong about that:shrug:

Thanks ladies.
I appreciate the input. I guess I just worry because I meet so many people where the tech slips. I'm going to do all those things.

Also, what I meant when I said that I would catch a glimpse of the goods and know what I was looking at, was that in the profession I work I'm aware of the landmarks that determine sex of the baby for the tech/radiologist.

I'll be twenty weeks as well, so perfect scan time.

It'll be fine I'm sure! I'm just being stoopid haha!

I'll keep you all posted :D

I'm sure if you make it clear you don't want to know then they will keep it a secret for you! X

That's really unprofessional!

Just say you don't want to know, they don't need to check for any medical reason. If they do I think they just turn the screen around

I didn't want to know but hubby did. Our tech didn't turn the screen for the whole time he was checking and measuring. Hubby wasn't even allowed in the room! Meanwhile we had the conversation of wanting to know or not. Had I given him the "don't tell hubby, he can't keep a secret" he would not have said a word to him. After the tech finished with the important stuff he brought hubby inside the room so we could see the baby. As I was getting rid of the last bit of gel of my belly the tech took hubby outside the room.
Baby was not cooperating anyway, so our guess is as good as anyone elses. ;)
No one slipped even if they had known ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->