Team Yellow question -- just out of curiosity!

phrumkidost

Reaction score
We're team yellow, but just for fun we've recently been asking our friends and midwives to guess what we are having. Most friends guess a girl, but midwives are guessing a boy.

So, I'm curious, have any of you out there also asked midwives for their guesses? And if so, have they been right?

I haven't asked my midwife but everyone who talks to me about my bump say Im carrying a boy, only time will tell xx

The only person who's been right with both the boys is hubby. Midwives all thought Earl would be a girl, all friends thought that Eddy would be a girl (think maybe that's because we already have a boy :shrug:). This time hubby thinks girl, and so does EVERYONE else.

I'm clueless btw.....I don't even have an inkling and never have had! lol

I havnt asked our midwife but most of our friends and family think boy :)

You'll all have to keep us updated, especially Aimee-lou and Suffolksazzle since you're both due so soon!

afm, I thought girl early on but now I'm not sure. DH is not at all interested in playing the guessing game and tells me to just let baby be what baby is. :wacko:

My midwife guessed girl from the heartbeat at my 31 week appt. I thought it was odd she guessed, I didnt ask. I wonder if she knows anymore than others from seeing lots of babies. We've had various boy & girl guesses from friends & family. I haven't a clue!

Well I know what I'm having so shouldn't really be on this thread ;) But just to say MWs can sometimes tell by the heart rate. This was not right for me at about 16ish weeks but now I'm near the end the heart rate is fitting in with the theory. Also someone at work didn't know what I was having but she had a guess based on the shape of my bump and she was right :) I'm carrying all out front, just as my friend was who has 2 of what I'm having, and she carried sideways with her 3rd child, which was the opposite gender.

I'm sure it's all just hearsay etc but thought I'd throw my comments in! Tried to not mention which gender was which in case no one wants to work out what they are having :D

I haven't asked my doctors or anything, but 2 nurses have randomly said they thought it was a girl. I think it's a girl. Friends' opinions vary but most think boy. DH thinks boy. It's so exciting to wonder! :)

Most family and friends currently think boy for us. I have recently started thinking boy but no reason for it. At different times people have said girl and I've thought it to. I actually have no clue! Excited to find out tho :)

remind me....what's the heartbeat thing again? This baby is sitting at 130bpm give or take all the time and has been since 16 weeks.

Slower end of the scale for a boy, higher for a girl :)

I know what im having this time but with ds the midwife said all along i was having a girlso totally wrong!!
Xx

I'm Team Yellow and all the gender theories/Chinese predictor say girl. Heartbeat is in the middle of the scale at 148 bpm. I think it's a boy 80% of the time and then wonder if it might be a girl.

I'm quite enjoying the suspense!

I have not asked my doctor, never thought to. But most of the guesses from family and friends is boy. I "feel" like baby is a girl, chinese gender predictor says girl as well. DH hopes it's a girl. Heartbeat has been pretty varied. These days it hangs out in upper 130's-150's. But I don't feel the heartbeat theory holds much water, as my sister's babies were exactly opposite the theory. I can't wait to know whether we're having a Gabriel or a Ruby!

Ok so just done a few online testy things - HB is saying boy, Chinese is mostly saying girl, old wives tales are saying boy. I have had a pretty much copied pregnancy all 3 times and already have 2 boys (take from that what you will) and everyone - literally everyone - is telling me girl.

:shrug:

Guess we'll find out soon lol

I'm Team Yellow and all the gender theories/Chinese predictor say girl. Heartbeat is in the middle of the scale at 148 bpm. I think it's a boy 80% of the time and then wonder if it might be a girl.

I'm 100% with you! I have all of the same things [Heartbeat, my gut feeling, etc...] ...except that the gender predictor says Boy.

Its so exciting...

I'm 100% with you! I have all of the same things [Heartbeat, my gut feeling, etc...] ...except that the gender predictor says Boy.

Its so exciting...

It'll be so funny to find out what we end up having!

I totally understand why people find out the gender at scans, but I don't think I ever will. I love the build-up! :happydance:

I wonder as well!

And every pregnancy will be a surprise for us too! Thats how they did it back in the day, and it gives me motivation to keep going...sometimes I'm a little fed up with being pregnant. Its so tiring...lol.

I haven't asked my doctor - what if she knows from reading the ultrasounds or something?

Everyone says it's a girl... but they say that mostly because we already have a boy and they know we are hoping it's a girl. We'll see in 6 or so weeks :)

I've been convinced boy all along, DH thinks boy, the theories seem to give mixed results for me, even the heart rate is usually 150 so in the middle. Put my scan pics on two gender prediction sites which got 100% girl guesses, so who knows! Most friends and family seem to be guessing girl for us, but most of those who've seen our 4D scan pic say it looks like a boy. I seem to be carrying like a boy but I'm so small there's not really anywhere else for my bump to go than all out front!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->