Tear or strain abdominal muscle?

wishfulone

Reaction score
Hello! I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this pain. I feel that I have torn or strained a muscle/ligament in my abdomen. I know that sometimes the middle of the muscles separate but this is very new pain. It is above the belly button and localized. It feels like a burning/stretching pain when I move or lift anything, or even when I bend forward. I wonder if I pulled something, likely from lugging my toddler around. It just started yesterday and it not at all like a labor pain.
I did call my Doula and she believes it is a pull/strain/tear of a ligament/tenon. i am set up to see the doctor tomorrow morning. I have wrapped my tummy for support and plan to spend the rest of the day off of my feet.

I am just curious if anything else has had something like this before and what helped you the most? I REALLY hope I didnt pull something that will hinder my ability to birth my baby if he/she comes soon.

Thanks!!!

I had torn and separated abdominal muscles with my 1st, the pain from the torn muscle was like you described. My physio recommended wearing a support brace and alternating heat packs and cold packs which did bring some relief from the pain. I had to wear the support brace for a while after birth (it was for the separated muscles too though) but the pain didn't last too long. Hope you feel better soon!

Thank you so much for your input! Did it make laboring more difficult? I have been doing support sling today but I will def add some ice/heat to the mix.

I had this same type of pain with my 1st and 3rd. It was when i was about to go into labour. I called the mw when i had it with my 3rd it was that bab and she said its normal and i went into labour that night. My abdominal muscles are separated.

Thank you so much for your input! Did it make laboring more difficult? I have been doing support sling today but I will def add some ice/heat to the mix.

Nope :). I had a pretty quick and easy labour, it was actually less painful than my 2nd where I didn't have any muscle tears.

It would be lovely if this were an early labor sign! I went nearly 2 weeks over with my 1st and then was induced with Cervadil, vagining ripening agent because my cervix wasnt moving. I would much rather go naturally this time around.
I just woke up a bit ago and the pain is slightly better but as I move I feel it progressing once again. Doc appt this a.m. and will mention it to him.
Thanks, ladies!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->