teats flow, when do you upgrade???

missjess

Mummy of a prince
Reaction score
I'm wondering when can we upgrade the teats flow... Josh is still on the slow one but he gets really frustrated when he's very hungry... He wants it to flow quickly. He's still only 1 month and a week old..

When did you upgrade to a heavier flow ? is a month and a week still too young to upgrade to the next one?

Well it says that stage 1 is for 0-3 months, but it probably depends mostly on baby. You could buy one pack of stage 2 nipples and see how he takes those. We had 2 Playtex bottles that came with stage 2 for some reason, and they were way too fast for Erica. (I didn't realize they were stage 2 at first!) But I think if he is frustrated with it not flowing fast enough, def try the stage 2.

I went to teat 2 on tommee closer to nature within a couple of weeks

Shes still on them

If you feel its right change over or try. We did and it was fine obvioulsy keep in mind they are faster so baby will notice this maybe and get use to it but when we went to teat 3 we 'knew' it was far too fast.

Midwife told me to go to a faster teat when ella was a week and a half old as she wasnt satisfied with her feed , she has been on stage 2 since then. Sounds like he is ready to have stage 2! :)

summer has been on size two since three weeks old.

yep I would change as we changed over when Katie got fussier and it worked.

Thanks girls... I'll upgrade and see if he likes it better, hopefully it's not too fast for him.

if u have tommy tippie closer to breast bottles u can get variouable flow teats is what i have for kira cos she had the same problem where she got fustrated with wanting more milk quicker and not getting it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->