Teats

ronnie1234

One child aged five
Reaction score
We upped the teats two weeks ago to size 2 tommee tippee but today lo seems to be distressed on feeds with teats why could this be? Unsure what to do

what made you move up? My son both breast and bottle fed (expressed milk) and he stayed on size one teats until he stopped the bottle. He struggled with anything other than size 1, would gargle a little and get distressed as it was too fast a flow for him. Variflow was the same. Personally unless they are getting worked up with the size 1 I wouldn't move up a size.

She was getting frustrated with teat 1 & taking ages on bottle

Some feeds she ok with teat 2 some frustrated! I'm going to check the air holes & make sure there no air in after shaking

When my son needed gaviscon he needed a bigger size teat for a short time but the size 2 was too big, the tip the midwife plus my mum and a few others gave me was to widen the size 1 with a sterilised hot needle. It just slightly widened it enough to made the thicker milk go through but not enough to make it too fast for him. could try with one teat and see if that helps?

When my son needed gaviscon he needed a bigger size teat for a short time but the size 2 was too big, the tip the midwife plus my mum and a few others gave me was to widen the size 1 with a sterilised hot needle. It just slightly widened it enough to made the thicker milk go through but not enough to make it too fast for him. could try with one teat and see if that helps?

I do the needle trick as well in between nipple sizes. It makes it like a 1.5 instead of a 2 and works beautifully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->