Ted or Charles?

BethHx

expecting #2
Reaction score
which do you prefer?
we have always said we will have Charlie for a boy as my great great g'ma has asked us too.
but we both love Ted. with the nickname Teddy.
(we don't like Edward)

middle names will be George James

It's a hard choice to make as all of your chosen names are amazing! I love them all!

You say you both love the name Ted, but do you love Charles or would you name your son that just because you promised your grandmother? Could you swap one of the middle names with Charles instead?

I agree with poster above- I like teddy but only as a nickname for Edward or Theodore (did you consider that option?). So of your choices I would go for Charles nn Charlie. Bit I'm a traditionalist- both are lovely as day to day names which is what matters most I guess. You should go for the one you love, but be prepared for qs about what Ted is short for if you go for that on its own xx

Tough one, I like both, but Ted is a little less common, so Id prob go with that? I agree with poster above that Theodore is a great full name for Ted, however if its just Ted that you like then I'd use that on the birth certificate, there are lots of nicknames or abbreviated names that are now used, recognised and accepted as names in their own right :thumbup:

If you're only wanting Ted it may look strange on birth certificate as its more of a nickname, whereas Charles has formal and informal variations. Personally I love Ted or Teddie, but my husband hates Edward.

I prefer Ted, but Charles/Clarlie is lovely too :). I have a Ted (short for Theodore) and I've only been asked a couple of times whether it is short for Edward/Theodore, strangely enough!

He would be Edward on birth certificate so that he has a choice when he's older. But we would introduce him as teddy/Ted to everyone. I do like Charles yes, but would call him charlie mainly.x

I lean towards Charles/ Charlie. I think it's a name that would grow up nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->