~*~ Teen Mummys Natural Parenting Thread ~*~

Can I join? we use cloth & ERF, we did baby wearing til lo was around 8 months and after that he was more happier to run around. :flower:

okay so Ive been hearing alot about EC, can anyone explain it more to me and give me some pointers. Does it work for older babies?

BTW I cosleep, cloth nappy, breastfeed, baby wear.

Willupdate later, there isathread i natural parenting about EC.

Do cloth nappies leak as much as disposables?

Anyone with some info on them? Was going to get them a while back before LO was born and even found some I liked but never went ahead with it :dohh: wish I did now.

Anyone with some info on them? Was going to get them a while back before LO was born and even found some I liked but never went ahead with it :dohh: wish I did now.

a cloth nappy will only leak if its not put on correctly (i.e there's a leg gap or too loose) or if it's kept on for too long so the same as a disposable really but we've only had a handul of leaks in 1 year & a half :flower:

When I first started using them we had a few leaks cos I didn't pre wash them but now they don't leak at all :)

I'm confused about the liners and the nappies. The ones with liners in them does that mean you reuse the nappy with a different liner or do you still change the whole nappy? I think I'm too dumb for cloths :rofl: even on the info sites my brain is still mushed. I really wanna start though. Sick of stupid disposables.

I'm confused about the liners and the nappies. The ones with liners in them does that mean you reuse the nappy with a different liner or do you still change the whole nappy? I think I'm too dumb for cloths :rofl: even on the info sites my brain is still mushed. I really wanna start though. Sick of stupid disposables.

It depends what kind of cloth nappy you are using hunni! There are a few different types like pocket nappies that have a waterproof layer and they literally have a pocket that you stuff the insert inside. There are fitted nappies that don't have a waterproof layer that you need a separate waterproof wrap to put over the top of. There are All In Ones which already have the padded insert stitched into them. There are All In Twos that are a cover and you snap an insert into them and just change the insert. Whatever works best :flow:

Here is the most recent photo of my fluffy stash. It's already changed quite a bit :haha:
https://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n541/kitty_toujours/DSC_0498.jpg

It depends what kind of cloth nappy you are using hunni! There are a few different types like pocket nappies that have a waterproof layer and they literally have a pocket that you stuff the insert inside. There are fitted nappies that don't have a waterproof layer that you need a separate waterproof wrap to put over the top of. There are All In Ones which already have the padded insert stitched into them. There are All In Twos that are a cover and you snap an insert into them and just change the insert. Whatever works best :flow:

Here is the most recent photo of my fluffy stash. It's already changed quite a bit :haha:
https://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n541/kitty_toujours/DSC_0498.jpg

Thanks :flower: any brand recommendations? I love your collection! :D they look awesome hehe

Thanks :flower: any brand recommendations? I love your collection! :D they look awesome hehe

Thanks hunni! Well we started off with cheapies like Alva and Papoose which are relatively cheap. They are great to be honest and soo easy to start off with. We found that our LO was a very heavy wetter at night time and the best thing to stop complete drenched clothing and bedding is Little Lambs. They are sooo soft and fluffy! The LL website has 10 nappies for £30 atm which is a bargain! £3 a nappy!? That's nothing... We love custom nappies aswell :flow:

Hi guys :flower:

I co-sleep, baby wear, BF and I'm TRYING to use cloth nappies. I have all these pretty itti bitti's I can't use because they don't have leg gussets and my LO's legs are too small + breast milk poo = huge mess. I can't wait for her to gain a little more so I can use mine properly. I plan on using 'sposies at night until she STTN though.. nothing better than picking up LO for a feed and ending up with a wet lap when your half asleep! :dohh:

OMG, I can't believe how easy life is baby wearing. I have my son Adam who I'm constantly tidying up after, playing with or just doing general things with. And then my son Aidan will want attention or just to be held and having him so close to me is just so soothing for both me and him. However, I have had a lot of negative comments from my family about it. Saying I'll spoil him, he'll never let me put him down, etc. But to be honest I just don't care. I love it, he loves it and it makes all three of us happy. :D

Oh, and I noticed that the links to the carriers on the first post, one is american and the other is slightly out of my price range unfortunately but I found a woman who makes her own wraps/slings and I have 3 they're brilliant.. If anyone wants it: www.snugiwraps.co.uk

I know what you mean, I can actually eat when its just me and LO now I have my mei tai :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->