~*~ Teen Mummys Natural Parenting Thread ~*~

I'm just snooping around ebay and that came up in suggestions and it's horrible :L

Hehe, i love snooping ebay, find some really weird stuff on there! Xxx

Same aha. It's also hard not to buy things (A) xx

Bit OT but you know this co-sleeping malarky, well I was wondering how it works? Like do you have to sleep exactly when your baby sleeps? I assume you can't just leave them in the bed by themselves at a young age. Or do you hold them/wear them until you're tired? What do you do during the day?

Finn will only co-sleep for extended periods of time. Often, he'll fall asleep on me and I'll wiggle out from under and leave him on the recliner. At night, he usually goes down around 9 or either Evan or I and the other one is in charge of getting stuff done (getting food, throwing laundry in, etc). Sometimes I can move into the bed and then leave him there but not always as hell wake up.

We have our bed against one wall, so only one side and the end are "open". We put pillows along the edge so he doesn't just tumble off and put him as close to the wall as possible. In the recliner I recline it and he's never fallen.

Macari is still little so probably a lot different than your son but I do lay her in the bed by herself if she's sleep. One side is pushed against the wall and I put pillows on the other sides just in case she rolls. If I'm laying with her I usually just maneuver out from under her then go to sleep. If she falls asleep on a couch I usually just lay her in the bend of my arm with my arm draped around her and we sleep like that. In the beginning I did hold her until I got tired but she got use to that and wouldn't sleep without me holding her but she seems to be fine not doing that now.

During the day, hollie just slept on me or in her carrier becausr, here is no way im runnung up and down all day, also had a moses basket down stairs, incase I had to put her down. When we both wanted to sleep we would fo to bed.

Thats what puts me off about co-sleeping. I wouldn't trust leaving Oliver alone on the bed - whether he was a day old or not :haha:

We co-sleep every now and then. (only for a couple hours at a time though, she's never liked it much) but I feel uncomfortable leaving her on the bed alone still. Even though she's 16.5 months and practically jumps on and off the bed all day with no problems, just worried she'd roll off the bed because she's so "active" during her sleep.

My matress and box spring is on the floor so I dont have to worry about him falling off. I lay down with him until he falls asleep and thewe have a video monitor so I turn it on and go into the living room so I can see when he wakes up

Macari is still little so probably a lot different than your son but I do lay her in the bed by herself if she's sleep. One side is pushed against the wall and I put pillows on the other sides just in case she rolls. If I'm laying with her I usually just maneuver out from under her then go to sleep. If she falls asleep on a couch I usually just lay her in the bend of my arm with my arm draped around her and we sleep like that. In the beginning I did hold her until I got tired but she got use to that and wouldn't sleep without me holding her but she seems to be fine not doing that now.

i was told you should NEVER fall asleep with your LO on a couch

I always thought co-sleeping was when you went to bed at the same time. LO might as well be in their cot rather than on a bed with no bars? At least until you go to bed? (not aimed at anyone, just in general).

I thought the point of co-sleeping is falling asleep at the same time and together and waking up together so the baby feels safe and never alone?

I thought the point of co-sleeping is falling asleep at the same time and together and waking up together so the baby feels safe and never alone?

You always word things so much better than me, but yes ^^ this.

That is the point :) alot of the time I would sleep when Hollie did, but when i didnt want to sleep she would sleep on me, with a carrier sometimes sometimes just on my chest, other times she would have to go in the moses basket.

As of monday im going to try get Hollie to take her afternoon nap with me so when LO is born we can all take an afternoon nap together.

When I say we're co-sleeping I mean I'm in bed with her from the time we fall asleep until we wake up.

Co-sleeping is sleeping in the same room, bed-sharing is in the same bed just so you know.

Co-sleeping is in the same bed. Most people have their baby in their room at first, but most people don't co sleep...

for me cosleeping is sleeping with your baby in the adult bed at night

thats what i do, mostly cause im too tired to get out of bed at night to feed him and also because i feel hes safer beside me. that being said i dont think HE cares if we cosleep or not lol its just for my sanity

Recently, there has become a clear distinction between co-sleeping and what experts now refer to as bed-sharing. In order to decide what is best for your family, it is important to know the difference.
According to Attachment Parenting International (API), the definitions are as follows:
“Co-sleeping refers to sleeping in ‘close proximity’, which means the child is on a separate sleep surface in the same room as the parents.”
“Bed-sharing, also called the ‘family bed’, describes a sleep arrangement where the family members sleep on the same surface.”
https://blog.ergobaby.com/2008/12/bed-sharing-co-sleeping-or-separate-sleeping/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->