~*~ Teen Mummys Natural Parenting Thread ~*~

haha whoops i guess im technically wrong calling it cosleeping

Anyone know if the toddler hawk mei tai carrier is good for hot climates? I am starting to go hiking but need a really breathable carrier. I prefer a structured carrier because they are faster to put on.

Would anyone recommend a strechy moby wrap? https://www.bigmamaslings.co.uk/zen-cart/moby-wrap-sling-p-346.html:flower:

Anyone know if the toddler hawk mei tai carrier is good for hot climates? I am starting to go hiking but need a really breathable carrier. I prefer a structured carrier because they are faster to put on.

I'm not familiar with mei teis but we had the ergo performance and that is supposed to be great for hot weather as it has a "cooling panel and mesh lining to help keep you and your baby dryer and more comfortable" it is also the lightest of the ergos. We didn't get to use it in summer though as E hated it and i didn't persevere so it got sold xx

Co-sleeping and bed-sharing are two different things? I never knew that.. I guess my siggie should say bed-sharing not co-sleeping!

Anyways - is the Moby Wrap any good? I ordered one :) I had some girls recommend it!

I liked my moby and still use it but find shes a bit heavy in it now so am looking at the ergo but need to find a cheapish second hand or sell my moby and the rest of her old baby stuff but i cant sell my moby until i get a new carrier x

I'm BF and co-sleeping... Or at least I thought we were? I guess I'm bed sharing instead :wacko:

I want to baby wear as walking with my pram is driving me insane as noone moves out of the bloody way! :brat: my carrier is just a lame mothercare one though and it doesn't feel secure, and LO doesn't look comfy at all...

Are mei tai's any good? I'm on eBay and I've seen a few I like. What's the spine situation like, do they give you backache?

I'm BF and co-sleeping... Or at least I thought we were? I guess I'm bed sharing instead :wacko:

I want to baby wear as walking with my pram is driving me insane as noone moves out of the bloody way! :brat: my carrier is just a lame mothercare one though and it doesn't feel secure, and LO doesn't look comfy at all...

Are mei tai's any good? I'm on eBay and I've seen a few I like. What's the spine situation like, do they give you backache?

Sorry didn't realize this was teen parenting!

A mei tai will not give you a backache, it's very ergonomic. The only time your back will ache is if you use the front carry too long (ie. with a 1 year old), and should switch to the back carry. Have fun, they are great!

Can't believe i haven't looked in here before. I guess it's because I don't call myself a "natural" parent (although I BF, BW, CS [well, bed-sharing] and do a few other things that fall under natural)

A mei tai will not give you a backache, it's very ergonomic. The only time your back will ache is if you use the front carry too long (ie. with a 1 year old), and should switch to the back carry. Have fun, they are great!

I'm starting to get back ache (ALWAYS have her on my front) buuuut she pulls my hair when she's on my back and I carry a backpack for college, so I tolerate it :dohh:

Oh no, THAT stage! I used a ponytail only haha

Hmm, haven't tried that yet... Will have her on my back around the house tomorrow whilst wearing my hair up :thumbup:

I ordered a Mei Tai!!! :dance: I can't wait for it to arrive so I can go for a walk on the beach :D

i've only just found this thread and im glad i have.

my son Charlie (aged 16months tomorrow) is extended rear facing and was breastfed until he was 12 months old when he naturally weaned from the boob much to my disappointment. my daughter Ruby is 1 month old and is being fed expressed breast milk. she was born at 35 weeks and spent just over a month in the scbu/nicu and only came home a few days ago. we didn't get told hold her for almost two weeks and when i tried breastfeeding, she wouldn't latch and hasn't managed to do it so i am expressing. she is still very little but i will be wearing her in a carrier as soon as she reaches 8lb!

Add me to cloth bumming, baby wearing, co sleeping and breastfeeding (retired now) :flow:

Oh yeah, add me to breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping and extended rear facing (not that she's in the car seat often)

Mei Tai arrived - LOVE IT! :D taking Oakley for a walk on the beach tomorrow with the puppy, something I couldn't do with my pram! :happydance:

Add me to babywearing! Gonna use my new carrier aaaaall the time now.

I had no idea co sleeping with different :))

I just learned something new lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->