Teenage boys, weight ??

I have heard you can use bmi really only for adult people because their proportions are different. Teenagers become so lanky that it may be easily miscalculated :flower: As logn as he looks healthy and feels good I wouldnt worry. ( apart from the BMI also being very indifferent of shapes and body built in general)

I personally think it is genetic.
My brother has always been a skinny thing.
Tall, long legs and skinny. His trousers for school were awful because he needed the length but the waist and bum were huge.
He is 26yrs old now and 6ft 4" and recently told me he is 11 STONE!!!
That boy eats like a horse.
He has a 30" waist and 36" leg....
Dr says he is healthy though, some of us are built different, he is only young, he still has a lot of changes to go through and sport will def bulk him up.x

Well, have just weighed and measured my son, finally! He's almost 15 and 7st 6lbs and 5ft 7. According to centile charts he is 54th centile for height and 17th centile for weight. His BMI also suggests he is underweight. (NHS one that is for children)

You should seriously see how much he eats! After hois three meals and numerous snacks last night he also ate 3 more slices of toast at 10pm and still wanted more to eat, which I refused! He has loads of energy too, so I am not in the slightest bit worried about him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->