Teenage boys

Jkelmum

Reaction score
Mine as just turned 13 hates being at home would rather be out with his mates he is so moody with me i feel i have lost my lil boy :cry: I know he is growing up but doesnt talk to me about anything :hissy:

:hugs: that's how they all are. Trust me I think my mother appreciates my brother going out all the time, he's soooo loud and rowdy at times.. and so are all of his friends, lol.

My neighbours son is 14 now. When he was 13 he was an absolute terror. He was rude, loud, incredibly mean and he used to verbally abuse his mother all the time. Then he left school for the summer, turned 14 and you would never say its the same child. He's all grown up, polite, well mannered and super close with his mom! I think its a stage. I tutored kids for one summer and I had a few 13 year old boys - let me tell you, I dreaded every session they came in.

:hugs: awww Serina,my 14 year old son is just picking up where my 16 year old daughter left off!!!He is excluded from his high school as from monday for 2 weeks because of his reluctance to cooperate with school policy!!!he wont get up for me in the morning,i had a screaming match with him about 3 weeks ago and decided i wasnt going to end up in tears every morning because he 'couldnt be arsed!'
My oh stepped in last friday and told him that he was sick of seein me upset and was gonna take his xbox away ,exactly everythin i have been sayin,and he ran off and told 'superdad' so now my oh and son havnt spoken for a week.
He is also diabetic and has to inject himself,but thats another thread!:hissy:
Whats soooo frustrating is that he is a bright lad and it really upsets me to see him waste his time.:hissy:

Maybe try and reason with him....tell him you miss him being home etc so if goes out however many times a week then he has to spend at least a sunday at home or something....get him to decide the day....maybe offer t do something fun with him like go bowling or cinema and he may open up to you then....

my friends son is nearly 13 and he is the same. Never in the house, always out with his mates, i think all teenagers go through it. I know i did, never ever wanted to do anything with my parents. :hugs:

This is how i feel too. LIam will not be 11 till May, but in the last few months he has changed. He is moody, never sits downstairs, wont eat his meals, eats rubbish, he punched me in the face and kicked me!!!!! little toad. i just dont know how to handle it

Maybe you could try to set up something fun together once every week. Like maybe go out to pizza together or a movie? It may help for you two to have a common interest to share and also to set up some sort of a routine. Just a suggestion pick a week night that way he may not be as likely to already have made plans.

Hope this helps. :hugs:

:hugs: Sorry to hear about that. Teenagers are so frustrating. I have a 15yr old son who is driving me nuts. His "superdad" is ultra permissive, lets him get away with everything and gives him stuff I sure as hell wouldn't. Anyway, the long and short of it is, him and DH got into an argument and he told my DH, "you're not my father you know". I almost had a cow. I can't get this kid to understand how he's throwing his life away and alienating everyone. Even his teachers are complaining. All this after "superdad" sent him to live with me bc get this, "he can't handle him right now" after he's created the monster he expects me to tame it ](*,):hissy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->