Teething, blisters at side of mouth??

vmcsherry

preggo mama of 1
Reaction score
Hi there,

About 4 days ago my 19 month old DD started with a mild fever and very irritable. The next day she was drooling like crazy, like the saliva was just falling out of her mouth. Again very crank, wouldn't eat just drank milk and water. I collected her from nursery on Friday past and noticed these little blisters at the side of her mouth. She has no sores inside of her mouth. She also develeped a hoarse voice from all the crying. I've never seen her so miserable. The blisteres looked better yesterday and she started to seem in a better mood but she is back at it again today, just miserable. I sent my mom a pic of her mouth and she said cold sores, how would that have happened? Then of course I goggled it and all I could see why hand foot and mouth. She doesn't have sores anywhere else except the outside of her mouth and a few spots that popped up on her cheek. She does use a dummy, could that be the reason for the blisters? Like it holding the moisture against her skin?
Any advice or comments are appreciated xo

Attachments

• IMG_8410.jpg
    IMG_8410.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 13
It's hard to tell from the pic but cold sores or hand foot and mouth spring to mind.

Dribble rash could also be a possibility if she's dribbling everywhere and has a wet dummy in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->