Tell me about Montessori?

EcoMama

Reaction score
There is a Montessori nursery very local to me. It has a great reputaion and is outstanding in ofsted report.

I've read alot about Montessori and I like their ethos. I have signed my daughter up for next year but I just wanted to get other peoples opinion and experiences if their child has been to one.

Isaac has been going since he was a year old and loves it. I dont think they follow it strictly but he has done really well.

Thanks MissK :)..... I'm looking forward to her starting, although we have to wait until easter as it's a pre schoo.

My daughter has been going since she was 9 months, nursery is lovely and I love having the ages mixed together. Mine is very small with only 28 children per day and they are all in one playroom.

It depends on individual nurseries how closely they follow the Montessori ethos so worth a bit of research. Mine sends links to parents explaining the Montessori learning techniques they are using etc.

Thanks Tublet. Sounds great!

This pre school is also small, only 16 spaces. And I was lucky as dd is 16th on the list!
They do follow the montessori ethos fully by the sounds of it. Just a shame there's no follow on after age 5.
There is a steiner school about half hr away but it's quite expensive :/

Isaac goes to a montessori nursery and loves it. He really likes the 'practical life' activities (pouring water from jug to smaller cups, scooping beads with tweezers etc). They focus a lot on courtesy skills, being kind and helpful. I like the use of real equipment. Many of his activities seem like great fun and really engage him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->