tell me your favourite quotes.....

mummy2be...

Reaction score
I have a habit of quote collecting, as in I have a notebook where I scrawl quotes I come across as and when I hear them. Some break your heart and some make you laugh and some inspire you. They are mainly from books, tv, songs and films. A couple of my all time favorites

"in hard times, just remember, people love you. Take whatever strength you need from that and you can do anything"

"you know that place between asleep and awake, that place where you still remember dream? That's where I'll always love you, that's where I'll be waiting"

"the real love stories never have endings"

Tell me some of your favorite quotes

i love the idea of a quote book, im gonna do that! my 2 fave atm are

"No matter how hard you think your life is, be thankful for it. Someone, somewhere, is fighting to survive"

"When times are tough remember, you were given this life because you are strong enough to live it"

I might do a quote book too, what a lovely idea!!! Right now I have a poetry book as I've always liked to write poems, but I think I will have a quote book too.

"It's nice to be important, but it's important to be nice."

xxx

Does it count if its the words from a song? Coz I love this one by aerosmith:

"its amazing, with the blink of an eye you finally see the light.
It's amazing, when the moment arrives that you know you'll be alright.
It's amazing, and i'm saying a prayer for the desperate hearts tonight."

good quotes girls, and yes song lyrics count for sure!!!

my favorite song lyric quote

'' your in my arms, and all the world is calm''

From a song (I keep hearing it but I have no idea who sings it or what its called)
"It's ok not to be ok" x

"a mother and daughter are closest when the daughter becomes a mother".

And this one I have on my wall...

"life isn't measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away" xx

For when times are tough, its short but so true:

This too shall pass.

Aww the one about being between awake and asleep is from hook, I love that film!!

My fave is 'for every minute of anger you lose 60 seconds of happiness' :)

Aww the one about being between awake and asleep is from hook, I love that film!!

My fave is 'for every minute of anger you lose 60 seconds of happiness' :)

It's actually originally from the original play of Peter pan, but it is soooo beautiful- probably my favourite of them all :)

Eta - but yeah it's in hook as well, hook is an amazing film that makes me cry every time

I've watched hook about five times in this last week.it's been on comedy central all week.I love it xx

I've watched hook about five times in this last week.it's been on comedy central all week.I love it xx

It's bloody brilliant. The film is like one big beautiful quote. I start crying when all the orphans stand up for granny Wendy and don't stop until the old lost boy (toodle??) flys away at the end

'To the world you are one person but to one person you are the world'.

An oldie but goodie (and all the more relevant now I'm a mummy!) X

"If there were a God, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt his existence"

I have a quote book too, was one of the reason's my OH fell in loved with me apparently :haha:

These are some of my favourites;

"Sometimes it takes a good fall to really know where you stand"

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

"I don't mind making jokes, but I don't want to look like one."

Some days look better upside down - Winnie the Pooh

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

One of my favorites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->