tell me your favourite quotes.....

here are a couple of my favourites and one my mum would always tell me.." i once complained i had no shoes, untill i met a man who had no feet" and another of my favourites from gandhi ... "an eye for an eye will leave us all blind" and "we are all in the gutter but some of us are staring at the stars"(oscar wilde) Love this thread!!!

I have 2 favourites:

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" (Albert Einstein)

and "Do what you feel in your heart to be right. You'll be damned if you do and damned if you don't" (Eleanor Roosevelt)

"Never take like too seriously, no one get's out alive anyways"
"Follow your gut instinct, it's yours best guide in life"

And my most favorite:

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"

'ive had a lot of trouble in my life, most of which never happened' a nice quote about over worrying. I'm not sure who said it. It might have been winston Churchill.

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." ~ Michael Jordan

Love this thread :) I've always had quote notebooks but haven't added anything to mine in ages!

Some of my favourites are:

"It only takes one tree to make a thousand matches, only takes one match to burn a thousand trees" Stereophonics song lyrics

"Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did." Mark Twain

"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has courage to lose sight of the shore" Christopher Columbus

I must dig out my notebook and find a few more :)

"Only enemies speak the truth; friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of duty." Stephen King

“I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.”
Can't rememeber who this is by.

“Anyone can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person at the right time, and for the right purpose and in the right way - that is not within everyone's power and that is not easy.”
Aristotle

"We cannot solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
Einstein

"To be without some of the things you want is an indespensable part of happiness"
Bertrand Russel

"Before you speak, ask yourself; Is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, does it improve on the silence?"
Shirdi Sai Baba

"You can boast about anything if it's all you have. Maybe the less you have the more you are required to boast."
John Steinbeck -East of Eden

"Do not walk behind me, I may not lead.
Do not walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Just walk beside me and be my friend."
Albert Camus

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."
Harry S. Truman

Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain ageThe child is grown, and puts away childish things.Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies.Edna St. Vincent Millay

This is one of my favorite quotes i have some others too but cant rememver them properly at the moment x

My faves are latin...theyre quotes I've found along the way whilst reading books and I like them.

I have 'tempest edax rerum' tattooed on my chest - 'time that which devours all'

I have 'scientia potentia est' in my classroom - 'from knowledge, power'

I want 'alea iacta est' tattooed somewhere - its a Julius Ceaser quote I believe meaning 'the die is cast'

"You don't realise how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have." Or something like that. No idea who said it but it's become my mantra.

There's loads song ones too but they're pretty much all bitter break-up songs lol.

Ooh no, Sammie Davis Jr
"I want to live, not merely survive
And I won't give up this dream
Of life that keeps me alive
I gotta be me, I gotta be me
The dream that I see makes me what I am"

'I can resist anything except temptation' by Oscar Wilde is one of my favourite.

Two of my favourites about keeping hold of your inner child!

You don't stop playing because you grow old. You grow old because you stopped playing

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

Some others...

The most memorable people in your life will be the ones who loved you when you were not loving yourself

I may not be there yet. But I'll get there. No matter what it takes, I'll get there. I refuse to let the trivial things of today weigh down my tomorrow

Sometimes you've just got to look back at your past and smile at how far you've gotten

Before you assume, learn the facts
Before you judge, understand why
Before you hurt someone, feel
Before you speak, think

Saying sorry doesn't mean there isn't guilt and forgiving doesn't mean the pain is gone

Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle

Accept what you can't change. Change what you can't accept

It takes a million compliments to build you up and one insult to send it all crashing down

No one has the right to judge you because no one really knows what you have been through. They may have heard your stories but thet never once felt what was felt in your heart

My dad quoted a song at our wedding, it's was a slight misquote,

"do I love you? Yes I love you, may you always be happy and lucky" Tinseltown in the Rain, The BLue Nile :cry: tears me up every time.

For my first dance theres a line in the song that just spoke to me, hence why we picked it:
"I needed someone to understand my ups and downs, and there you were.
You were better to me than I was to myself" James Taylor, How Sweet It Is.

The quote in my sig I read in my baby development book, where the baby starts mimicking walking in the womb. It really stuck with me and I was always convinced she was a girl. :D

There's some really lovely quotes here :D

I love lots of quotes and song lyrics but my favourites at the moment are...
'follow your dreams and you will achieve'

'happiness is a journey not a destination'

'Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together'

'keep your head up, keep your heart strong, keep your mind set in it's ways...'

'see the path cut by the moon, for you to walk on, see the waves on distant shores, awaiting your arrival'

'you can spend your time alone redigesting past regrets, or you can come to terms and realise you're the only one who cannot forgive yourself, it makes much more sense to live in the present tense'

xx

"Never take like too seriously, no one get's out alive anyways"
"Follow your gut instinct, it's yours best guide in life"

And my most favorite:

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"

Love this!

I love Dr Suess, some of my favourites;

Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”

“Why fit in when you were born to stand out?”

“Only you can control your future.”

Lyrics wise I love this song. Tilt - Angry Skies

There is a price to pay
For the mistakes you make
To discover what you do
It will always come back to you
I couldn't see it before
Hiding behind closed doors
When you step outside yourself
You wear the face of someone else

Breaking your fall from grace
Killing this empty space
Like a thorn in your side
It puts a dent in your pride
No one believes you now
it caught up with you somehow,
And when the wind blew out your flame
Your life would never be the same

In the moment of madness under your angry skies
You are not what you feel this is insanity
From the shadows that darken the depths of your angel eyes
No one, nothing is real this is insanity

What loss is to man most irrecoverable?

Time. Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed. ~ The Tudors

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->