Tell them I'm pregnant?

Pyrrhic

Reaction score
I have a job interview in 3 hours. It's just for some waitressing work, as I'm not looking to get 'a proper job' for awhile.

Do I tell them I'm pregnant or not?

I don't like hiding things, and I've got a bump already but I don't want them to not offer me the job. I know they can't discriminate because I'm pregnant, but they could easily use the excuse that I'm overqualified as my 'normal' job is running sales departments for 4/5* hotels.

Hmm that's a tough question, especially with it being a waitressing job....you'd want them to understand if you need to take a break etc.

I used to do waitressing work and it got so exhausting. They knew I was pregnant so gave me easier stuff to do. I think it's best to tell them. Are they allowed to turn you down for a job if you're pregnant?

No, they aren't allowed to discriminate, but they can find another excuse.

It's only part time work though, so I'm hoping it won't take too much out of me.

I went for my job interview with a slight baby bump, however nothing noticeable to someone who didn't know me... I was asking myself the same question and I really hated the idea of not letting them know... the question came up as to how committed to them I would be. I explained that I am a committed person (working in childcare) I become very attached to the children and families, with that being said, I am an expecting mom due in September. Both the ladies interviewing me jumped up for joy and happiness for me congratulating me! It was amazing! They said they had another interview and would get back to me the following week... The very next day they called me... I GOT THE JOB!!!

Just be yourself, be honest and be a proud mama! hehe

I think honesty is always the best policy when it comes to this.

What did you decide in the end?

I think you should.I mean,they are going to find out and the fact that you lied is not gonna bring you any pluses...

I decided to tell them, and they were great about it. I start on Monday :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->