Telling daughter we are expecting

sarah54

Reaction score
Hi Ladies!

Wondering when you told your little ones you were expecting again.

We just found out this morning we are expecting baby no. 2! We are hoping to wait until 12 weeks to tell friends/facebook but are going to tell immediate family this week. Do we tell her and risk her telling everyone else?

What has everyone else done?

Thanks!

I told our kids pretty quick. I needed the little one to understand he needs to be gentle with Mama, and I need help from the older kids because I am not supposed to be lifting/pushing/pulling (sciatica and long history of MC).

my sister waited for a while until she told her DD. if you really want to avoid her leaking out information.. you should probably wait a little bit before telling her~ Because once my niece knows... the whole world will know :haha:

We told katie after we had been to the Dr's when I was 5 weeks. We had asked her before we started trying if she would like to be a big sister and explained that she would need to share her mummy and daddy with a baby etc. When we told her she was ecstatic! We let her tell close family but told her to keep it secret from nursery and she did for about 4 weeks! She now keeps getting a book about new babies at nursery and asking the teachers to read it to her �� she's so excited! Xxx

I'm not telling Katie until after my 12 week scan, I have asked her if she would like a baby brother or sister, she said a baby sister, boys smell hahaha.

We told our 8 year old about DS2's pregnancy at 12 weeks.

THis time I am unsure. He has noticed I am tired and ill and it would be good to give him a nice explanation for it but pregnancy is SO long for young children and I know he got bored waiting for his brother to arrive last time. Part of me is thinking we should delay telling him as long as possible so it's a shorter time for him to wait.

But then, I don't want him finding out from anyone else and as my husband can't keep his mouth shut (he had a wee alcoholic drink or 3 when I was 6 weeks and told EVERYONE) it's likely someone might slip up.

There's no point in telling my 13mo as he wouldn't have a clue what I am talking about. I am hoping he will understand nearer my due date :)

Thank you for all of the responses ladies!!

My main concern with waiting is that she will find out from someone else by mistake. I would feel terrible!

I guess we still have some time before we decide. We will think about what is best for her and for us!

With my first pregnancy my step-son was 6 and we were so excited and never dreamed anything bad would happen so we told him the day we found out. Then 4 days later I had to figure out how to tell him he wasn't going to have a sibling anymore. That was really hard. The second pregnancy we didn't tell him right away...which was good because it turned out to be a chemical...so he never knew about it. This current one we waited a few weeks until after we saw the heartbeat on an ultrasound to tell him. Most of the rest of our family knew by then so we didn't want to wait any longer.

It's really just up to each individual person I think!

I'm 6 weeks pregnant tomorrow and still haven't told my 6 year old 2yo won't understand lol my eldest wud tell the world lol I suggest u tell when you know all is well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->