Telling him you're pregnant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarax

Reaction score
I'm not pregnant but lately ive been a little worried about if i do get pregnant how he would react. We are both 21, im on birth control but we dont use condoms or pull out. We have been together for a couple years now.

How old were you both when you found out? How did you tell him? How did he react?

Thanks!

I was 16 when I found out, and I had been on the pill and using condoms... I went to the doctor because I was feeling off and had a bladder infection.. After taking the urine test to make sure it was a bladder infection the doctor took me back to his room (the FOB was with me at the time) and told me that I was pregnant as well. I was in complete shock! And just burst into tears... what made things worse was that I was planning to leave the FOB that same day so I was even more horrified! So I didn't need to tell him, he found out at the same time as me, and he was extremely happy which made me angry, confused and even more upset. But now I couldn't be happier that, that had happened.. but really no longer trust ANY birth control! haha :)

Ive had a scare recently and it kind of has me wondering how he would react if i got pregnant. Are you still with the FOB? If you dont mind me asking

No we broke up when I found out I was pregnant because he was cheating and lying about having a job. But he took the news of the pregnancy really well and was happy about it straight away, and that has been the same with a lot of people I know's partners as well. I think guys are more accepting of it than people make out for them to be :)

I was 16, he was 17 the first time, and I took a test in the bathroom and came out and was crying. he was really supportive but also incredibly nervous as well. With this pregnancy I havent had the luxury of being able to tell him to his face, so i printed out the picture I have of the tests and stuck it in a letter i sent to him at Basic. We shall see how he reacts!

I was 17, almost 18 and he was 18. He was really happy about it, super excited :)

I was 16 and he was 19. Honestly everything was perfect. He was woth me when I tested so he found out when I did. He reacted fine. Looking back I think he was in shock. And he gave me such a hard time when I was pregnant. When I was about 28 weeks pregnant we moved in together. I think that's when things got great. And then when Noah was born, our lives were perfect.

I was 22, he was 19 - please no judgement. But I took the test after class one day, and left the bathroom the answer the door. When I came back I looked at the test and saw 2 lines (l was 13 Dpo, but I convinced myself it was a faint positive. Looking back, it was an undeniable 2 lines :haha:) but what in complete shock. I didn't know what to say. When I made my way to where he was (his cousin's house) I know my face was completely pale, and I was shaking. He asked me what was wrong and I literally was speechless. He asked me if I wrecked the car, if I was hurt, and than if I was pregnant. All I could do was hand him the test. To say we were both a little shocked is an understatement, but now were both really excited :)

I was 17, nearly 18, and OH was 20 at the time. We were using condoms and the pull out method, as my previous bc was making me extremely nauseous. I'd been telling him for a week that I thought I was pregnant, and he kept saying no way, no way, not possible, etc etc. He ended up buying me a pregnancy test and I took it while he waited in the next room. I didn't really have to tell him, I just walked in shaking and was crying. But he took it surprisingly well! He's actually been super excited from the very beginning, and he was the one to calm me down and reassure me that everything was going to be fine.

With our first baby, however (on bc at the time, no condoms or pulling out) he wasn't nearly as excited. He wanted me to have an abortion (I was barely 16, he was about to turn 19) but after a few weeks he got used to the idea and was okay with it. Eventually, towards the end of my pregnancy (ended in miscarriage at 2 1/2 months) he was beginning to get excited and was really upset at my mc.

Also, I'm not sure if this thread will be locked, as you're not actually pregnant.

I was two months off being 17, he was 22, he was with me when I tested, I just showed him the test and he gave me a hug, and said whatever I chose he'll support me, he soon got very excited and now we're having our second :flower: We had also only been together for about a month when we found out!

Im glad everyone had good experiences :)
I dont really understand why it would be a locked thread just because im not pregnant.

I dont really understand why it would be a locked thread just because im not pregnant.

Those are just the rules, you're only actually allowed to make posts in here if you are pregnant :)

The rules are mostly to stop the section getting clogged up with "am I pregnant" threads I think...

Well i definitly will not be posting "Am i pregnant" threads. I lurke to see other peoples experiences with starting families at a young age.

You'd be surprised how many of those threa ds we actually get :) what sort of experienced did you wanna find out about?

My 1st pregnancy, we were two weeks away from graduating from high school. So, we were both 18. I was feeling really sick and missed my period, we went to the grocery store and as soon as I bought the test ~ I went straight to the restroom to check to see what it would say. It said positive and overall, he was pretty happy about it. Sadly, that pregnancy ended in a miscarriage.

My second pregnancy, with my LO (who is now three), we got pregnant when I was on birth control and we were both 19 at the time. I was pretty scared, as was he. I didn't honestly think he would stick around because it took him a long time to get a job and to me, he didn't mature as fast as I did. He's a fantastic dad though and he's there for us 24/7.

If I could give you any advice, it's to just be careful and don't get pregnant unless it's something both you and your OH want to do. If you're not sure how he would react, you should sit him down and ask him what he would do if you did happen to get pregnant. If you've been together a few years, I am sure that you both love each other and that he would definitely stick around. But you both should be on the same page about kids and what would happen if you did get pregnant.

Well im on BC and we have talked about using other methods and he said not to worry, i personally would love to get pregnant and he hints at it. I had a scare a couple months ago but ended up getting AF. We`re going for dinner tonight so im going to try talking about it with him.
As for what sort of experiences i was looking for i pretty much found everything to my questions in other threads, i was curious what experiences people had with telling the OH or family members (younger girls in general)

Good for you. Being a mom is a lot of fun. I had my son when I was 20 and it was hard but he is the highlight of my life. You'll never regret having a child, it's definitely best thing that happened to me. Helps you mature (which could be considered a good thing or a bad thing). Good luck talking to your OH about it, let us know how it goes. :flow:

Please read the forum rules. This section is for pregnancy only, and not TTC or WTT.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...-pregnancy-only-guidelines-using-section.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back