Telling OH

honeybunch2k7

Reaction score
How did you break the news to your OH? Did anyone try anything creative?
Honestly, I think DB will faint when he finds out! :rofl: DB knows I have missed by quite a long shot, and that's all I've told him.

I had wanted to tell him by doing something special, i dont know what like! but as soon as i did a test (at lunch time at work as i hadn't been feeling very) i couldn't keep it to myself and was straight on the phone telling him!!! felt awful telling him over the phone but couldn't wait another 5 and half hours until i got home LOL. Was kinda special tho as he was so shocked and could tell he was about to cry or something from the shock!! haha

I read a story about someone, serving her OH breakfast in bed and putting the positive test on the tray..... thought that was quite sweet

We tested together, so he was there with me when i saw it, we were arguing cos i didn't think it had worked as there was no control line and he said i didn't do it right and we were bickering and bickering and i was about to go in a huff and i looked over at the test and went......

:|

end of argument lol

I POAS upstairs, brought it down, and we both watched it as the blue cross appeared!

I think I may try and do something more creative next time around, although I've never been good at keeping secrets!:rofl:

We tested together, so he was there with me when i saw it, we were arguing cos i didn't think it had worked as there was no control line and he said i didn't do it right and we were bickering and bickering and i was about to go in a huff and i looked over at the test and went......

end of argument lol

:rofl:

end of argument lol

Brilliant!!!:rofl:

my bf was in the house and knew i took the test i was sitting on toilet waiting for results when it said pregnant i called him and gave him the test first thing he said b4 he took the test is "your not pregnant are you" i said have a look yourself.

I was thinking maybe I would tell him around christmas. My idea was to buy a few bibs, gift wrap them, and have a card inside that says, "Merry Christmas Daddy!"

How does that sound?

That sounds sweet! My friend took the positive pregnancy test (the digital kind) and put it in a box wrapped in a baby bib and gave it to her OH. I guess in your case since you are waiting so long you would have to take a pic of it instead and wrap that. Either way I love your idea too!

As far as my OH...he is going to be there whenever I test so he'll know already if I do get BFP. heheh

leave pics scattered all over the house
that would be a surprise lol

Or just write hi daddy on your belly and let him find it himself ;) LOL

I was thinking maybe I would tell him around christmas. My idea was to buy a few bibs, gift wrap them, and have a card inside that says, "Merry Christmas Daddy!"

How does that sound?

That sounds really sweet, but can you keep it a secret for that long.

First time round we did the test together, but this time i did it at work, phoned him and told him he was gonna be a dad again and he was like "HOW?", i was like "well, duh"!!

Sometimes men can be so simple!!!

cause we moved house, busy with packing and unpacking, forgot about my periods, and he came back from work with a pregnancy test, and told me to take it, and hey presto, could not believe my eyes, that blue cross came up so quickly, so blue, i just screamed...... he took me out for dinner that night..x

honestly man, you'd think that was wot he thought!!!! Talk about us with our pregnancy heads on, i think men are worse!1

cause we moved house, busy with packing and unpacking, forgot about my periods, and he came back from work with a pregnancy test, and told me to take it, and hey presto, could not believe my eyes, that blue cross came up so quickly, so blue, i just screamed...... he took me out for dinner that night..x

Awww, that is so nice!! Wish my oh did things like that for me. You are so lucky.

My DH convinced me to take the test, even thought I *KNEW* I wasn't pg. The docs had told me I didn't ovulate on that cycle of clomid and I had taken provera so I was waiting for a period, which NEVER came late when I had to take provera. 4 days after it was due, and my breasts were killing me and I was really sleepy he convinced me. It turned + RIGHT away, I just sat there, staring at it and shaking, not beliving it, until I started yelling for my DH....he wasn't surprised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->