Telling your boss? & Flu shot

kissesandhugs

Momma to Isaiah and Nova
Reaction score
Hello. I literally just got my :bfp: 2 days ago. I feel as if I should inform my boss already....for dr appointments mostly. Our group at work share everything so it would be suspicious for me to just leave for some random dr apt without them knowing what for. I know..sounds weird in writing :haha: I don't have any concerns that she would have issues with me being pregnant, I think she'd be happy and excited. But on the other hand it seems weird telling her so early? Last pregnancy I had a threatened miscarriage and I was working somewhere else. My boss was aware and was very accommodating with me taking off work etc. So if, God forbid, it was to happen again..I think it's a good idea for her to know. Any thoughts on this??

Also, we have our flu shot day at work today. I don't remember getting one last pregnancy. Should it be okay? Thank you!

And another question :haha: when did your symptoms start? Nausea etc. I have had practically nothing and can't remember when the horrible morning sickness began last time. I believe around 4 weeks. I'm only 3.5.

I got my flu shot during my last pregnancy. It was reccomended.

As for telling the boss, I think it's about what you are comfortable with. I don't see issues either way if you think she would be supportive. I told my boss at 8 weeks, and I had been back to work for 3 weeks so I was nervous but I knew he would be supportive if unhappy that i wouldn't be back long.

My morning sickness didn't kick in till between week 7and 8 for me with this pregnancy. With my first I didn't get morning sickness.

I told my boss with my first at 10 weeks, he was very supportive. I also told him I was pregnant when I had my MC, like at 4 weeks, but I had some sudden appointments and it was important to some decisions made at the time (I got laid off, but they gave me the option to stay on and lay off the other person doing my job, in fact that is what they wanted, but I had to explain that I was pregnant (didn't know I was MC for sure then) and I couldn't put them in the position to not have me for 3 months again, and I probably wouldn't be coming back)...anyway long explanation. I'm almost 7 weeks and I haven't told this time, because I'll be laid off at 14 weeks anyway, if I don't leave before then for another job. At this rate I will be leaving around 11 weeks.

For the flu shot, I'd ask your doctor or midwife. It's generally recommended, but I don't get it.

For telling your boss.. your first appointment likely wouldn't be until 8-10 weeks and then they are only monthly so you're likely to just have 1-2 appointments in your entire first trimester. Surely they wouldn't even notice you taking time off for 1 or 2 appointments in a 3 month span?

I told my work last time at 9 weeks because they were supportive people. My current workplace.. not so much. Thus, I'm waiting until I HAVE to tell them, ie when I'm showing.

Regarding flu shots, everyone has their opinions... I'm waiting until second tri but my doctor recommends them to everyone at any point in pregnancy.

My symptoms started at 4-5 weeks this time, worse at 6 weeks, better at 7 weeks. Last time, no symptoms until 8 weeks.

For telling your boss.. your first appointment likely wouldn't be until 8-10 weeks and then they are only monthly so you're likely to just have 1-2 appointments in your entire first trimester. Surely they wouldn't even notice you taking time off for 1 or 2 appointments in a 3 month span?

I told my work last time at 9 weeks because they were supportive people. My current workplace.. not so much. Thus, I'm waiting until I HAVE to tell them, ie when I'm showing.

Regarding flu shots, everyone has their opinions... I'm waiting until second tri but my doctor recommends them to everyone at any point in pregnancy.

My symptoms started at 4-5 weeks this time, worse at 6 weeks, better at 7 weeks. Last time, no symptoms until 8 weeks.

My first appointment is Monday but more for blood work than anything else. And yes, they will notice me taking time off for any appointment considering they cover my job while I am gone (which is unfortunately stressful on their part). And like I stated, we normally talk about what the appt is for etc. I could, of course, lie to them about it but like your previous workplace- they're extremely supportive. My boss does know now though due to the flu shots :dohh: I had to fill out a form that asked if I was pregnant and spoke with her about it at that time. I got the flu shot as well. So cats out of the bag to boss but not to coworkers. I may wait on that a little bit :) Thanks for the responses :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->