Temp drop 8dpo

Mel1231

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am new her and this is my first month charting my temps. I attempted it last month but ended up with a terrible sinus infection part way through so it doesn't make sense. I am currently 8dpo and had a temperature drop today. I know I will have to wait to find out what happens in the next week but I wanted to know your experiences.

TIA,
Mel

Hi there! Welcome to babyandbump!
Temp drops can happen but not to worry unless it goes below the coverline.. This is my chart when I got pregnant, if it can be of any help to you! :)

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 5.23.07 PM.png

Hi and welcome to BabyandBump :) Good luck :)

I am not sure how to figure out my coverline, did some reading on it yesterday and thought it was confusing. My temp did go up again today so I am hoping that is a good sign

Last edited:
Made a FF account, was originally using FLO. Now my chart does have a coverline, my temp did drop below it but now it is above. Fingers crossed.
Screenshot_20200414-091104_Chrome.jpg

Fertility friend gives almost accurate coverline and predictions, so its good that you have an account now. Fingers crossed! Good luck :)

Fertility friend gives almost accurate coverline and predictions, so its good that you have an account now. Fingers crossed! Good luck :)
Thanks! How much do you think weather temperature changes impact our BBT? We had a really cold day yesterday and today.

Your body tends to generate more warmth during cold days and tends to cool down a bit during hot days to keep an equilibrium. But it doesn't fluctuate too much too rapidly. It changes just a few 0.3-0.5 degrees only. Also, BBT can get affected by changes in sleep times, disturbed sleep, bathroom visits during the night etc.

So don't dig too much into the your BBT, just relax and calm yourself while you wait the two-week-wait :)

I had a temp drop at 8 and 9dpo and got my BFP at 11DPO with my son.
But my last cycle I had a huge drop at 7dpo and then a huge rise but I wasnt pregnant.
And this cycle I had a 2 day drop at 9 and 10dpo followed by sharp stabbing pains on my right overy area. Thought for sure it was implantation pain because I had the same thing with my son but I'm now 12dpo and BFN
So no idea what's going on. I'm just waiting for AF now.
Good luck to you. Hopfully ure temp drop was indeed implantation.
Hope u get ure BFP soon

I had a temp drop at 8 and 9dpo and got my BFP at 11DPO with my son.
But my last cycle I had a huge drop at 7dpo and then a huge rise but I wasnt pregnant.
And this cycle I had a 2 day drop at 9 and 10dpo followed by sharp stabbing pains on my right overy area. Thought for sure it was implantation pain because I had the same thing with my son but I'm now 12dpo and BFN
So no idea what's going on. I'm just waiting for AF now.
Good luck to you. Hopfully ure temp drop was indeed implantation.
Hope u get ure BFP soon
Thanks for the insights. Had a few minutes of period cramps and some light spotting tonight. Stoped after a very short time but I am assuming my period my is on its way. I have also had the craziest mood swings tonight, I almost feel put of control. Not normal at all for me.

Your body tends to generate more warmth during cold days and tends to cool down a bit during hot days to keep an equilibrium. But it doesn't fluctuate too much too rapidly. It changes just a few 0.3-0.5 degrees only. Also, BBT can get affected by changes in sleep times, disturbed sleep, bathroom visits during the night etc.

So don't dig too much into the your BBT, just relax and calm yourself while you wait the two-week-wait :)
The last few nights I have bad sleeps, usually waking up between 2 and 4am and staying awake for 1 to 1.5 hours.

The last few nights I have bad sleeps, usually waking up between 2 and 4am and staying awake for 1 to 1.5 hours.

So that's a possible reason for your fluctuating temps..you need a good sound unbroken sleep of atleast 4-5 hours to take an accurate BBT, if it didn't happen don't worry much, just stay calm and watch out for that day around expected AF and take a test! Seems like you're at 9DPO, I would wait until 12DPO to test as testing too early can cause stress and can get false results.

So that's a possible reason for your fluctuating temps..you need a good sound unbroken sleep of atleast 4-5 hours to take an accurate BBT, if it didn't happen don't worry much, just stay calm and watch out for that day around expected AF and take a test! Seems like you're at 9DPO, I would wait until 12DPO to test as testing too early can cause stress and can get false results.
This waiting game is driving me nuts lol especially when we are stuck at home with not much else to do.

This waiting game is driving me nuts lol especially when we are stuck at home with not much else to do.

I get it girl..read some interesting books, bake some bread/cakes/cookies or binge watch some series that's the best thing to do while waiting and thinking about the wait.

I get it girl..read some interesting books, bake some bread/cakes/cookies or binge watch some series that's the best thing to do while waiting and thinking about the wait.
I've been doing all that stuff too. Sadly AF came today. I feel disappointed but this was the first time we tried while temping. Now i have proof that I ovulated on cd 18 instead of cd 8 or 15 like FLO calculated without temping.

It's ok.. there's still plenty of chances to try..As I was telling you earlier, a temp drop below coverline is mostly AF arriving if there was no error in taking BBT. Good luck for next cycle :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->