Temp rise the day of O, or +opk after O?

Nina83

Cherry Garcia
Reaction score
I usually get a positive OPK on about cd11 or 12, and ovulate the day after.
This month I started getting bad cramps on cd9. I had a dip in temps, but a very VERY negative OPK. The next day, cd10, I had a rise in temps, I took another OPK in the evening and it was a positive.
The next day, a negative.
Usually, I get the cramps after the +OPK, which is why I decided to test earlier, but when did I O? Now my coverline will also be quite high because of the rise in temps the day of the positive.
What is going on? Usually my cycles are pretty predictable, but this cycle I'm totally baffled.
I'm going to continue temping in case I ovulate later, since my LP is 18 days long lately, maybe my body is just gearing up to ovulate this early? Last month I also got a dip the day before the +OPK, and the rise the day of.
Could I have O'd during the night of cd9-10? Hence the rise in temps? Can you get a +opk after you've O'd? Or is the rise in temps during O?
Ugh :(

Top is cd8, middle is cd9 and bottom is cd10:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=731927&d=1392139295

What time of the day did you take the OPKs? Did you maybe drink more before one of them?

If you took them during the afternoon, I don't think, you O'ed on CD 9. The hormone that turns the OPK positive always rises befor ovulation. Now, it my rise in waves but your first 2 OPKs are absolutely negative, no guessing. So I'd say, you ovulated sometime around the positive OPK.
If you took them all in the afternoon, the hormone might also have risen between OPK 9 and 10. So I'd say, you ovulated between morning of CD 10 and CD11.

The temp can rise on the day of ovulation or up to 3 days afterwards as far as I know.

They were taken in the evening, CD9 was slightly diluted.

I added fake temps and I got crosshairs on CD10, the day of the rise, which would make sense and I do believe that's when I ovulated, but why would they start to rise before O? I am so confused.
I've added a picture below of my OPK yesterday and today, totally negative. I've never ovulated so early, or had such a short period of time with a second line, they've always been faint but there for quite a while.
Maybe my body was just gearing up but didn't ovulate?

Attachments

• IMG_20140213_125744.jpg
    IMG_20140213_125744.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 9
Well the hormone isn't released in a constant way but rather in a pulsing one. There is one significant peak but within that can be several small peaks, like a wave form. So if you test and hit all of the little peaks, you'll get more positive OPKs. Looks like you hit the major pea just fine but maybe the first peak(s) happened during the night from CD 9-10 and throughout the CD10.

CD 10 is the only day with a true positive OPK for you. CD 11 is already negative again, even if you can still see the line quite well.

The temp rise is a good sign that you did really ovulate. Keep watching it the next days. If the temp stays up there, you definitly o'ed. I'v had build ups before but the temp always went down after one small surge and my OPK were enver truly positive, more like the one from your CD11.

EDIT: Saw your temp chart. According to your temp you did ovulate. :)

Thanks, I'm hoping I caught the little bugger!

Juu is so right. It was really normal for me to have more than one positive opk in a cycle as my body also seemed to try to o on day 9-10 and succeeded later... In fact, that's exactly what happened on my dream BFP cycle!! It sounds like a dream cycle for you as well fx!! <3

I had the same thing happen a couple months ago. I got a positive opk late at night (had tested multiple times during the day and it was negative) and a temp rise the next day. That evening I had ewcm and and O pain, however FF put me Oing the day before the temp rise. I'm still not 100% sure but I think my actual O day was the night of the temp rise and not the day before because I got my period 15 days as I expected. Temps can be a bit off sometimes too for various reasons!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->