Temping help please!

red_head

Reaction score
Hello! Just need a little clarification please! With temping, I know you are supposed to do it first thing when you wake so it gets your actual body temp, however I normally wake up wrapped in my duvet, snuggled up to my hot water bottle husband, and so probably a lot warmer than my actual natural temp. So when is the best time to do it? I'm wondering whether as long as it's not after a mouthful of hot coffee or ice cream, it'll be fine?

As long as you're relatively consistent with time and how you wake up you should still see a noticeable pattern. I'm not super consistent with time or amount of sleep before temping and I still manage to see a pattern :)

Yeah, as long as you wake in pretty much the same way around the same time- you should be able to see the pattern. Good luck :)

Yep, if you always wake up like that then roll with it. If you take your temp later once up, there are sooooo many more variables to contend with that can affect the reading considerably, so just temp when you wake, and record those temps and see how you go! Your core temperature won't actually change much even if all bundled up snug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->