Temping help

ajksand

Reaction score
So I have started trying temping but I have MAJOR sleep issues. Some nights I sleep in 2 hr intervals and some I sleep maybe an hr at a time every once in a while I sleep a good 4-6 hrs but that's not often. So when do I temp??

What time do you officially wake up and get out of bed to start your day? I'd start with temping then and go from there. Btw if you haven't tried melatonin it might help with getting a bit more solid REM at night. Poor sleeping and irregular circadian rythms can have a significant negative impact on fertility so getting some help with your sleep issues might improve your chances at a bfp! Good luck:thumbup:

Thanks, During the week I get up @ 7 but in weekends it's about 8-9. I take melatonin every night, it helps me go to sleep but not stay asleep. It's super frustrating, all the women in my family have sleep issues..

That stinks...insomnia can be such an awful hand to be dealt. I had a short term issue with insomnia and used the time released melatonin formula and took one at bedtime and one when I woke up around 2-3am. Seemed to work for me until I got back on track with a permanent solution. Not to go too far off topic but it turned out my night time rythyms were off because I wasn't getting enough sunlight during the day. Your body must have adequate vitamin D to have proper sleep function. I had got promoted to management at work and hadn't seen sunlight for too long and didn't put it together. I started sitting outside for my lunch break and getting outdoors more on the weekends and it had a tremendous effect! Unsure if this will solve your issues but maybe it will help as some people are more sensitive to Vit D deficiency than others. Here's an interesting article.

https://www.bulletproofexec.com/bulletproof-your-sleep-with-vitamin-d/

Take your temps at the same time each day including weekends btw if you can. You can always go back to sleep after you take it on Saturday and Sunday:thumbup:

I never thought about needing sun. I am defanitly an indoor girl & have been stuck inside a lot lately bc I broke my ankle a few weeks ago. Guess it's time for me to start doing more outside stuff and see if it helps any. Thank you:)

Thought I would add my two sense in :)

I'm a shift worker, so my sleep patterns are absolutely ALL over the place. So I take my temp after 2-3 hours of solid sleep. If I'm having an 'off' sleep, sometimes I will take my temp multiple times just to see if there are any differences. Normally, they're are within my normal range for either follicular or luteal phase. And thankfully, I haven't had any problems identifying when I've o'd.

Best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->