Temping Newbie

MissMiki

2nd Tri with #1
Reaction score
Hi all!

After a discussion with my other half last night we have now ordered a BBT thermometer. However I do not have a clue what I should be doing, can anyone recommend any good sites? Or give any tips?

What should I be looking out for?
When do I test?

This is not something I ever thought I'd have to do but approaching 3 years TTC we are now going to pull out all of the stops!

I got mine of amazon. Not sure if its good or not! But we shall see! Good luck!! :)

Hi Hun I'm temping for the first time this cycle. So I'm no expert but I can tell you everything I know or have been told.
1, you have to temp the same time every day. So I work shifts every other week I get up at 5am so I set my alarm for 5am every day.
2, you have to move as little as possible before you temp. So don't get out of bed don't sit up don't go the toilet. Taking your temp should be the first thing you do.
3, you can either take your temp vaginal or orally. (I take mine orally)

Any question ask away xx

Hi sweet, good luck, I found temping to be so good for ttc, First I would suggest you register with fertility friend, you can use this free with limited access but the access you do have is all you need. You record your temperatures on this every day along with things like your cervical mucus and opk's if using them which I suggest you do along with temping to optimise your chances as temping only tells you after you ovulate and opk's tell you when your approaching.

For example I use opk's from calender day 12 and I have a gradual increase (not everyone does) but I normally ovulate anywhere between calender day 16 and 20) when I see my line starting to get darker on the opk I get it on with hubby lol until i see my temperature spike which tells me I have ovulated.

I tried for over a year ttc and it was only when I started temping and using opk's I could pinpoint the important times for baby dancing.

When taking your temp its important you take it at the same time every day even at the weekend in order for it to be accurate, not everyone agrees with this but then wonder why their charts are all over the place. I get up at 6.30am every day during the week and later at the weekend but i do not turn of my alarm at the weekend instead just take my temp and go back to sleep. You have to take your temp before your get out of bed or even speak lol, so waken stick thermometer in your mouth take temp then do what ever you lik, I hope this helps and if you have any questions ask away or pm me, good luck xxx

Thank you all for the advice...I too have ordered mine from Amazon and have some IC OPKs coming as well.

I have spent the last 30 mins playing around with Fertility Friend! It looks complicated but I am sure it is one of those better with practice things.

I am quite excited! I am not overly happy about having to wake up at the weekend...but it will be good practice! hahaha.

Thanks all

I downloaded fertility friend and I'm confused too! I'm sure it will all make sense soon!! :))

Happy charting!

I'm hoping mine arrives this week! :)

I use the fertility friend app on my phone. I find temping to be sooo helpful. Combined with OPKs (tells you when you will ovulate soon), and temping (tells you / confirms when you have already ovulated), you feel in control of your cycle.

Agree, thanks to temping you can find out what's going on inside your body!

I am on my second cycle of temping, I have tried both fertility friend and ovufriend in cycle 1 and personally found that fertility friend is better because it has a mobile app so if you notice any CM changes on the go you can record them whilst you're out and about.

My tips for temping would be

<3 Make sure you have a few hours of undisturbed sleep before taking your temp
<3 I start using OPKs a few days before the day I "normally" ovulate. I find that I ovulate on the day of my last positive OPK
<3 My temp starts to drop slowly 3 days before AF is due is I haven't been successful in catching the egg
<3 If you are using fertility friend be very careful about putting in EWCM on days past ovulation because it will change your ovulation date depending on what day you have put in EWCM.
<3 blue circles that are not filled in with blue mean that you have taken your temp at an unusual time compared to the other temps

good luck!! xx

Well the thermometer and OPKs arrived today! My alarm is set to do first temp at 7am tomorrow and 1st OPKS at 7pm tonight! Argh! :happydance:

Well the thermometer and OPKs arrived today! My alarm is set to do first temp at 7am tomorrow and 1st OPKS at 7pm tonight! Argh! :happydance:

Aww that's great, good luck hope it all goes well and results in a bfp for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->