Temping nightmare

LPF

Reaction score
Hello, could just do with some advice.....

I've concieved 4 times within 3 months each time. 1st was my lo and the following 3 were all miscarriages in the last year. We're on a TTC break as we wait for RPL testing to come back.

I've always charted cervical secretions as that's what I've always used to indicate fertility - I've always had an abundance of ewcm and bd every other day over that period and I've got pregnant.

Since my last MC, my cycle has been very erratic - longer, later ovulation etc. consultant feels its due to being pregnant 3 times in 9/10 months but for some reason I've decided now to try temperature charting just to get an idea......

It's been a nightmare. I wake about 6-6.45am each morning (can't set an alarm - won't hear it. Ds has woken me for the last 10 yrs!) and I always have to roll over to get thermometer (usually fumble around as I can't grab it even though it's in the same place as always) my heart is racing like crazy before I even put it in my mouth because I panicking about what it will show and whether it will or won't show ovulation etc....

My temps are low and a bit erratic. FF had me ovulating on day 18 (which I agreed with - strong ov pains, increased sex drive, dried up secretions as normal) but then I had a low temp today and it's taken it away. Secretions are dry as a bone now.

I don't know why I'm putting myself through temping......I'm obsessing over it and what's wrong with me. What if I'm not ovulating, this has been crap enough without that as well......I'm going to work today and I'll just worry about these blasted temps all day.

I'm so deflated......

https://fertilityfriend.com/home/44a104

Firstly I'm so sorry for your losses, I've had 4 losses since 2012 and the birth of my now 10 month old, I've been temping since 2013 when I got pregnant with my son the first month of temping! I've just stopped using opks as they'd stress me out so much, waiting and waiting for the line to darken and worrying. The first 5 months of the return of my cycles after my son were messed up with late ovulation and shorter luteal phases but they have settled now although unfortunately I've suffered two chemical pregnancies in 6 months, temping can be stressful and confusing when you don't understand or see what you expect, one days temp alone unfortunately can't tell you anything so its a waiting game to see what the next few days temps will bring, that's good that you wake up the same time everyday but try not to worry too much about what the temp will be as hard as it is I know only too well! I have one chart where my temp shot up and I thought id ovulated then it dropped the day after and didn't go back up for 3 days which is when I did actually ovulate, hopefully the next couple of days will make things clearer:) xxx

Firstly I'm so sorry for your losses, I've had 4 losses since 2012 and the birth of my now 10 month old, I've been temping since 2013 when I got pregnant with my son the first month of temping! I've just stopped using opks as they'd stress me out so much, waiting and waiting for the line to darken and worrying. The first 5 months of the return of my cycles after my son were messed up with late ovulation and shorter luteal phases but they have settled now although unfortunately I've suffered two chemical pregnancies in 6 months, temping can be stressful and confusing when you don't understand or see what you expect, one days temp alone unfortunately can't tell you anything so its a waiting game to see what the next few days temps will bring, that's good that you wake up the same time everyday but try not to worry too much about what the temp will be as hard as it is I know only too well! I have one chart where my temp shot up and I thought id ovulated then it dropped the day after and didn't go back up for 3 days which is when I did actually ovulate, hopefully the next couple of days will make things clearer:) xxx

Thank you!

I'm feeling like after this month, I won't chart. I'm not even sure why I started - something to do to occupy the time! I've always just gone off my cervical secretions before and got pregnant 4 times.....but I keep reading 'the only way you know what's going on is if you chart' and I keep thinking.....what if I'm not ovulating....:wacko:

Sorry for your losses too. It's horrible isn't it. My lo is the light of my life and I'm so thankful for him.

Yes I think you're right if its causing you a lot of stress then its no good for TTC:) I've stopped opks and testing early exactly because of that, the losses are very hard, same here our lo is the same to us and I know if I hadn't of lost the first two we wouldn't have him but you never forget, so sad, anyway it looks like you have a fab no stress way to tell when you're fertile so I'd stick with that! Xxxxxxx

Hi,
I am sorry for your losses. Don;t worry about moving around a litttle, it shouldn't upset your temps too much. I actually find mine are more consistant if I take them in the evening after sitting on the couch watching TV a while. 10pm is my temping time.

Also, if your temps are all over the place it does sound a bit like it is matching the rest of your symtoms and could just indicate annovulatory cycles while your body is sorting itself out.

Temping is something that some love and others hate. I personally love it because I feel in control but it is not a good tool if it is stressing you out.

We'll this morning my temp jumped up sky high and it's put ovulation back at the day I thought it was which is good. Yesterday was a blip maybe? Not sure I'll continue this next cycle - very stressful!

Hi

Firstly, I'm sorry to hear about your losses. I can't imagine how tough they must have been for you.

Just read through your thread and am glad your temp is up this morning! It's a relief to have your suspicions confirmed by two lovely red lines.

I have temped for almost three years on & off - it's my favourite way to track my fertility. I have long & unpredictable cycles with unreliable cm though. I agree with the other ladies - if it's stressing you out (& not telling you anything you don't already know!) it might not be worth it.

If you do decide to carry on though - it's might be worth knowing that I was the same at first. I was desperate to know what my temp was each morning & what it meant. The novelty wore off quickly! Now I stick the thermometer in my mouth without turning a light on - wait for the beep to say it's got my temp & turn it off again straight away. When I'm up & ready to check it I turn it back on & it flashes the last recorded temp briefly before resetting itself. Sometimes I even manage to go back to sleep before checking!

Do whatever works best for you in giving you the info you need & keeping ttc stress to a minimum.

That's a fantastic rise this morning!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->