Temping Q's

bdb84

Reaction score
Is this a reliable method if you wake at least one time in the middle of the night?

I usually go to bed around 11PM and wake around 2-3AM because my 4 year old needs my help making it to the restroom. I go back to sleep instantly, but am up by 6:30 to get my son ready for school. Is that enough hours of straight sleep to get an accurate reading?

I'm in my TWW now, but I have a feeling this isn't our cycle. I already have a basal thermometer, and am really looking into putting it to use next cycle-- if I can.

I think from what I have read before that consistency is the most important part of taking the bbt so if you have the same pattern each night you should still have a consistent flow of temps to analyze. Waking up in the middle of your sleep pattern probably doesn't give you the most accurate bbt but if you do that every night each temp would be affected the same way so you should still have a decent idea of your cycle (at least that's my experience lol).

I think from what I have read before that consistency is the most important part of taking the bbt so if you have the same pattern each night you should still have a consistent flow of temps to analyze. Waking up in the middle of your sleep pattern probably doesn't give you the most accurate bbt but if you do that every night each temp would be affected the same way so you should still have a decent idea of your cycle (at least that's my experience lol).

Thank you!

3 hours of consecutive sleep is generally considered enough to get reliable results from everything I've read so I think you could do it when you wake up at 6:30 and that would work fine.

from what i managed to find hun i read that 4 hours is the minimum and there needs to be at least 2/3 of those consecutive. Although everywhere you read says different things. I think if your in the same pattern every night then you should still be able to see a pattern to follow xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->