• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tender c/section scar ????

pushmug7

Reaction score
im around 32 weeks and part of my scar is feeling a bit tender...i trying for a VBAC and im starting to freak out. is this tenderness something i should be afraid of or is it normal due to baby getting bigger and skin stretching or something :cry:

I'm having a repeat c-section due to issues with my scar.
It is incredibly painful. Like super sharp stabbing pains, feels like a cross between having something extremely sharp being poked in there, and my skin being torn in opposite directions. I've also had a small bleed from about 34 weeks, although the pain started much much earlier for me.
My consultant hasn't told me much of why I'm in so much pain. Some days I cannot stand upright, and spend the day doubled over. They've just told me to watch for gushing blood and unbearable pain.
Since my c-section the area of my scar that's sore now has been sore to press on. Adhesions have been mentioned, and possible uterine rupture, although I have no real definite answers other than they'd rather operate again and see what's going on whilst they have me open.

I'd mention tenderness to your midwife, but don't worry too much. I was told your scar can become tender in pregnancy, and it's usually nothing to worry about. Rupture takes place during childbirth more often than not, and a distressed baby is usually the sign rather than pain. With it being vbac, they'll monitor you well anyway.
They offered to let me try vbac as that is what I originally wanted, and then keyhole surgery if the pain continued afterwards to investigate. But I opted for a repeat c-section as my consultant believed that would be what he preferred, and it means they can in estivate and repair right then and there.
So basically, don't worry. Mention it and they'll keep an eye but you're generally ok to vbac even with scar pain.

I'm going for a vbac too and was told by my midwife to keep an eye on my scar and what 'normal' was so if it changed during labour I could tell them ASAP. I haven't had tenderness but if I did I would mention it to my midwife. if you have an appointment soon bring it up then of it's not for a while prehaps give then a call? It might just be the 'new normal'.

I brought this up and was told that its just coz im getting bigger the scar is stretching and its normal xxx

thanks for replies ladies, well its not tender anymore ...it wasnt painful or anything ..i think im just freaking out labor is creeping up on me, it was more like twinges on one side of the scar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->