Tens

Jules

Mummy of 1 Girl & 1 Boy
Reaction score
Heard a lot of people talking about TENS machines..... i seen these at motherare that you can rent or buy. What exactly are they for??? lol

I assume to help with contractions? worth buying?

Thanks for any advice

Here's some quick info-

https://www.midwifeinfo.com/content/view/12/45/

Looks like a neat way to combat pain more naturally!

No clue if they work or not... seems that the evidence is still unsure. Works well for some, not for others it would seem.

:crib:

Yeah I'd recomend them... have heard some great feedback from peeps I know. But it seems to work best if you put them on really early on in labour. God knows why. It's definately worth a try, especially if you want to avoid an epi or other medication for pain relief, but if you don't want to splash out on buying or renting one, you can book one at hospital through your midwife. Have a word with her about it at yer next antenatal :)

Hope this helps.

I have been trained to use the TENS machine at university, mainly for sports injuries, however they are amazing at pain relief and work wonders, so they will really help with pain and contractions during labour and also with back pain beforehand. They send pulses through your muscles helping them to relieve tension and relax.
A definate investment xx

I was in labour for 48 hours..the tens machine is wat made it possible for me lol I used my tens up until about 5 hours before I gave birth and only took it off to try the birthing pool. I would recommend it to anyone wishin to help manage without drugs

I was going to ask if it was worth buying one. I dont think theyre all that expensive.

Thanks for this!

xxx

How much are they to buy? I am really thinking about using the tens machine as I seriously dont want a epi

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->