Tentatively dipping my toe in here ...

happycupcake

‘Mrs Hudson took my skull.’
Reaction score
Hello :flower:

We had our bfp the day before yesterday at 11dpo and are due 16/11/2018. Really happy and excited but have had many chemicals so a little anxious, but we haven't had positive FRERs or digis until this cycle so also feeling relatively positive.

So, thought I'd pop in and say hello :)

Hi I got a bfp yesterday and I'm due 12th.

Congratulations! Pretty close in due dates then :)

Glad you are here good to see you being positive I know it is hard I still worry everyday myself :hugs:

So happy for you!! Just curious did you do anything different this time? Or feel any different?

So happy for you!! Just curious did you do anything different this time? Or feel any different?

Yes I did :)

We BD'd every other day instead of everyday, usually we would a couple of times before fertile window and then daily right around ovulation but we stuck to every other day this time. This was actually due to husband's back problems, as it becomes too painful to keep up each day.

I/we did some research re thin lining and low oestrogen as despite my levels seemingly being ok, I was experiencing some signs of possibly low oestrogen which is when I came across soy isoflavones. I ovulate regularly but I wanted to see if it would put ovulation back a few days to give my lining a chance to thicken more and also to help make a nice mature egg. So I used soy but at a really low dose (it can screw up your cycle if you ovulate regularly already), CD3 & CD4 50mg, CD5 & CD6 75mg, then CD7 100mg. I ovulated on time at CD12. As a result of this I experienced a lot more ewcm and for a lot longer - watery the day af finished with a tiny amount of pink cm, then after that ewcm all the way to ovulation. I also had ovulation pains start really early, CD6 I think, which hasn't happened before.
The day I ovulated I had ovulation pains and a positive OPK, the next day a temp increase but another positive OPK and strong ovulation pains, so I'm unsure if I ovulated twice because I haven't once had a positive OPK the day after ovulation before.

To thicken my lining I also used fertility tea I found on Amazon which consisted of nettle, red clover, raspberry leaf and peppermint and I also drank 200ml of pomegranate juice daily diluted with water because it's such a strong flavour, I did these up to a day or so before ovulation then stopped.
I took my usual prenatals, extra B complex, extra B6, but I also added extra vitamin E, D3 (within safe limits) and extra folic acid.

I added chickpeas to my soup because I mostly live on vegetables, wasn't taking in anywhere close to enough protein so added these for this. I eat green vegetables every single day. I also tried to remember to eat probiotic yoghurt daily and I have been eating mixed nuts daily, concentrating mostly on Brazil nuts (5 daily during lp only, one contains your daily allowance of selenium so it's important not to do this all the time), walnuts and almonds, but also eating cashews, pecans and hazelnuts.

I used progesterone pessaries 2x400mg daily during lp spaced twelve hours apart to keep levels stable and made sure to lie with legs elevated for 20-30 minutes afterwards.

I also used a hot water bottle on my feet and uterus area to keep them constantly warm as in TCM they believe you should keep uterus and feet warm to helps things along.

I did some yoga, tai chi and walking too, although I don't exercise enough!

I think that's about it really. I was determined to do all I could to thicken my lining and increase the chance of a strong egg being released, but of course soy can also increase the chances of more than one egg being released, depending on when you take it.

Apparently ice cream can help ... I don't know how true that is lol but I eat ice cream each evening because it helps me relax for some really weird reason :wacko:

Oh, and I also used Preseed on a couple of occasions because although I was making ewcm, I found it still helpful because I don't 'self-lubricate'. I did a little more this time as opposed to nothing previously, but I still found I wanted a little help.

And also, this may be irrelevant but we did a lot of from behind instead of him or me on top. I think I spent most of the time on my knees actually lol

I'm such a dunderhead, I was also eating eggs for a while too during this cycle which I don't usually. But they are good for protein and healthy fats

And also, this may be irrelevant but we did a lot of from behind instead of him or me on top. I think I spent most of the time on my knees actually lol

This is the position we conceived our daughter in lol! I know that for a fact as we only BD once that particular cycle and here she is! Our boys have all been conceived missionary, including this current boy. Not sure if that has anything in particular to do with it but seems a pattern for us lol!

This is the position we conceived our daughter in lol! I know that for a fact as we only BD once that particular cycle and here she is! Our boys have all been conceived missionary, including this current boy. Not sure if that has anything in particular to do with it but seems a pattern for us lol!

That's funny isn't it, when I think about it the only position I recall doing when we conceived DD was me on top all the time, and we didn't do it that much.
Are you finding out the gender this time?

That's funny isn't it, when I think about it the only position I recall doing when we conceived DD was me on top all the time, and we didn't do it that much.
Are you finding out the gender this time?

This one is a boy too :) I know it’s not 100% accurate at the 12 week scan, however this little man wanted us to know he is a boy! Lol!

Attachments

• C56128A8-B212-46A0-B85B-CB40CEA3898E.jpg
    C56128A8-B212-46A0-B85B-CB40CEA3898E.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 10
Aw lol such a lovely scan photo, so clear <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members