Terrible skin ever since going off bcp

Mississippi03

Mom to 1
Reaction score
Ever since I went off bcp in January, I have had terrible breakouts. Usually a week after af but the past two months I just have it all of the time. I know it is hormonal because it is all on my chin and mainly my jaw or hairline by my ears. And they are the deep ones, that never really surface.

Does anyone else have this problem? Any advice? I never had acne at all on bcp, and I had been on that for 12 years.. So I haven't dealt with this problem much. Im pretty anal about showering every morning and washing/moisturizing my face every night before bed... But I still get it. Lol helpppp me!

i do the same when i go off bcp, usually it attacks just one area more though. 1st time was on the edge of my chin line, this time it was right side of chin right below lip, and its just lots of little ones, i tried tea tree oil, it dried skin out and didnt work. i have started putting paw paw cream on there (not sure if you have that) and its working a treat, i put it on the area morning and night. good luck.

i do the same when i go off bcp, usually it attacks just one area more though. 1st time was on the edge of my chin line, this time it was right side of chin right below lip, and its just lots of little ones, i tried tea tree oil, it dried skin out and didnt work. i have started putting paw paw cream on there (not sure if you have that) and its working a treat, i put it on the area morning and night. good luck.

I thought about tea tree but I have used it on my tummy for a rash before and my skin is too sensitive for it. Ive had problems with eczema on my face too due to an allergy to sodium laureth sulfate (which is in everything.. Soap, shampoo, laundry detergent, toothpaste) so I have to be extra careful especially when it comes to my face.

But I will look up paw paw cream.. Thanks!

https://lucaspapaw.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9&Itemid=19

Is that what you are talking about?

I found this problem hard to fix after getting off bcp. I too had been on bcp for years and my dermatologist said because the acne was hormonal related and had little to do with cleaning techniques or diet it would take time to get my hormones stabilized. I did find angus castus helped a lot after a couple of months but ironically the month I got my bfp on it I had acne pretty bad all cycle long lol. Damn those hormones!

I found this problem hard to fix after getting off bcp. I too had been on bcp for years and my dermatologist said because the acne was hormonal related and had little to do with cleaning techniques or diet it would take time to get my hormones stabilized. I did find angus castus helped a lot after a couple of months but ironically the month I got my bfp on it I had acne pretty bad all cycle long lol. Damn those hormones!

Hoping I can sort it out lol it kills me and im a picker so I know I make it worse.
You must be getting super excited, due date is coming up! Wishing you a safe, happy, healthy, and SPEEDY delivery xo

Yes, but I was on dianette for acne as well as bc before TTCing number one. As soon as I've conceived, had and breastfed number 2 I'm going back on dianette because I've found nothing else that works.

Hoping I can sort it out lol it kills me and im a picker so I know I make it worse.
You must be getting super excited, due date is coming up! Wishing you a safe, happy, healthy, and SPEEDY delivery xo

Thanks so much hun! I am excited and it seems I was here ttc with you ladies just yesterday. Continue to pull for all of your bfp's!

Thanks so much hun! I am excited and it seems I was here ttc with you ladies just yesterday. Continue to pull for all of your bfp's!

I can only hope! And maybe when I finally do get my bfp, my skin will sort itself out

Well it took me getting to the second trimester but it finally happened! No more acne...fingers crossed it stays that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->