Terrified - need advice?

katy1310

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
Last year we were really struggling financially and a good friend of DH insisted on lending us some money to get out of the trouble we were in. DH made sure that a proper loan agreement was set out and signed, and he has been paying this guy back every single month.

Now the guy's dad has found out that he lent him money and has sent us a really threatening letter through the post today. It says:

"£1500 and you're getting off lightly.

I want payment in full by 1st May. Payment will be made to me personally. **** is not to know I have contacted you. You have the option to ignore this, should you choose that option I will sell your debt to persons who have alternative methods of collecting payment. Please believe me when I say this is not a threat it's a promise". He has included a copy of the loan agreement.

I am absolutely terrified - it sounds like he is going to send some scary people to our door or do who knows what to us? I'm already trying to get over PND after having a very premature baby and I can't cope with this. I'm not sure if I have posted in the right section but I feel so stressed out and panicky today :( I'm in on my own and really scared.

OMG what a w****r :hugs:

I would take this letter to the police, he is threatening you. Do not pay him a penny. It sounds to me that he wants the money himself so that is why you are not to tell his son. If you were to pay him the money, you would probably still owe his son too xx

wss omg thats horrible, go police hun. that is threatening behavior.

Yeah id be right on to the police thats terrifying xxx

Thanks ladies - I just spoke to DH because I was sitting here so scared in case anyone turned up at the door and did anything unmentionable to Sophie and me and he said his friend has gone absolutely nuts at his dad, and his dad has gone all meek and mild and said he was just trying to protect him....but he's not going to do anything. I really hope he's not - I'll not be answering the door to anyone I don't know and I'm keeping that letter for evidence! xx

Oh god, what a horrible person!
Good thing that your husbands friend has gone nuts at his dad.
I hope all works out well and that he'll leave you alone.
As long as you have your loan agreement there's really nothing his dad can do to you, so indeed keep the letter for evidence and by any sign of harrassment I would go to the police immediately!

For now, lots of :hugs:

wow im glad that its a bit sorted. keep the letter for evidence and keep your loan agreement, any hintg of trouble then go police

Oh what a nasty nasty man! Def keep the letter just in case, if he does anything or says anything go straight to the police.. xx

go to the police,agreement isnt with the dad and him threatening you like that is not acceptable.

Personally, I'd still go to the police even if it has been 'sorted out' now, He had no right to scare you like that. Had nothing to do with him. :hugs:

xx

How is this any of his concern?! The money lent to you was by his son, NOT him and he agreed to lending the money (hence the contract!!)

This wouldnt stand up with anyone, this man wouldnt be able to get anyone reputable to "collect" the money from you, because the debt has nothing to do with him!!

Keep the letter though and make a note of any contact you have with this man, any more contact def call the police! x

I would take that to the police as well. That's not normal talk at all! He sounds crazy!

sound slike the guys dad saw a way to make a quick buck and was trying to extort the cash from you!

That is awful I would show the letter to the police as that is threatening behaviour and he has no right to send you that. It sounds a bit suspect that he doesn't want his son to know too

thats awful!, I would be contacting the police! Why on earth would he want you to pay him and not tell the other bloke! then he could deny you paid anything.

Make sure he knows the police have been told about his note and if ANY thing happens he will be the first in line... (even if you don't call the police - i would tell his son the police know)

Katy :shock: I hope everythings ok, that is proper scary. :cry: As if you don't have enough to deal with :hugs:

Let me know if you wanna chat ok? xxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"