Tesco Pregnancy Test - False Negative?

claire911

Mum to Max :)
Reaction score
Hey girls! Did a test today and it was negative but my period isn't due until Sunday (and even then its always late!). Anyway I did a Tesco test and was just wondering if anyone knows if they can give a false negative if used before missed period? Had weird symtoms this month which makes me wonder but it could all be in my head, haha!

I knew I should have waited.....aaaarrrgggghhhhh!

x

Hi Claire,

The tesco tests are not sensitive enough to detect it this early. Try a First Early Response test if you must test again soon.

Hi Claire,

The tesco tests are not sensitive enough to detect it this early. Try a First Early Response test if you must test again soon.

Thanks for that. I think I'll definitely hold off til next week now. Fingers crossed :winkwink:

i did just the same thing this morning! I dont now why i did it to myself really?

my af isnt due till mon/tue and i have already done 2 pound shop tests and got BFN. but i knew i would! i dont know why i cant hang on until there will be enough to be detected! also i refuse to buy more expensive early ones incase i get a BFN on them!

Genies Girl.....when is your AF due?

I dont know why we do it to ourselves either as we know its too early! I bought a Clearblue but I'm saving that!!!

Needbabydust.....when are you hoping to test again?

i was due to come on on sunday 19th but havent yet and did a test this mornind and it was negative. have been having early pregnancy symptons though help!!!!!

Lol I think we're all pretty bad really, I tested yesterday even though I knew it was far too early and then still got disappointed when it was negative. Aren't we a silly bunch!

Daynanmca my period was due on the 19th on Sunday and my period has not come too I've done many tests and all come back neg I feel so sick and am getting cramps waiting is driving me nuts it would be cool if we both got preg at the same time nice to meet ya xx

Mine is due on the 25th and I used an EPT this morning but got a BFN !!! But upon further reading in the box it said that those who test this soon only 53% get an accurate reading, so with the symptoms I am having I am in hopes that I was one of those that got the inaccurate reading cause it's to early...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->