Tesco rant, would you complain?

J

Jem88

We've ordered from tesco's online and sometimes Asda for the past 3 years and until now we've had no problems. We had a tesco delivery ordered for last fri 4th, but i had to go out and OH didn't hear the door so we missed it - our own fault.

We then phoned up to re-book it and have it delivered the next morning, it came but the driver had the manager on the phone to speak to my OH, and apparently they couldn't deliver it as the money hadn't yet been re-funded and we didn't have any money to pay for it :dohh: we then got told it would take 5 working days to get go back into our account.

We should of got it today, but nope it wasn't in, so OH phoned them up, and got told it hasn't been done yet, so we've now to wait another 5 working days.

Should we e-mail and complain? OH thinks they won't do anything as it was our fault we missed it. He also e-mailed them last week about our clubcard vouchers that we used on that shop but now seem to have lost them :S and no-one has replied.

I would complain yeah - OK you missed the delivery but they're holding on to your money and failing to refund you for goods you've not received?!?

yep id complain too! yes its your fault you missed it but them holding onto the money isnt right!

I would complain, did they not have your mobile number ? I always get a text telling me when my order will arrive so if they have your number they should have called you to let you know they were trying to deliver.

do complain yes you didnt get to the door but they have your money, morally if not illegal thats wrong x

i really do not get why it takes them so long to refund! I have been into asda for a refund on something, and they do it and hey presto in like 5 mins it shows back in my account. they deffo sound like they are taking the piss. what if that is your only ££ for groceries! if you wanted to do the same shop again I do not see why they even have to refund then re charge you, so stupid. deffo complain

Tesco are a joke tbh. I specified in my delivery details that it would take me a while to get to the door because at the time I had sprained my ankle. So yeah this idiot drives off about 2 mins after knocking! Then i'm responsible for paying to have it delivered again! I moved to ASDA and haven't had any problems.

I use Ocado and have had no problems; I hate Tesco delivery. The last time we ordered from them was a long time ago, I ordered pasatta and we took the option of having no bags just the stuff delivered right into our kitchen, the delivery guy came in and literally threw the pasatta bottles into the sink; where they got smashed and made a right mess, we did get refunded for it but it was the last straw after several issues xx

I've heard a few people on here mention Ocado, but at the mo they don't deliver in our area :(

Luckily my mum had some spare money that we could borrow but if she didn't then we would of had litrally nothing in. We're waiting to see if the money has gone in on mon and if not, i think OHs gonna phone up and speak to someone, as no-one replied to his e-mail about the "lost" vouchers.

I ordered from Tesco online once and never again! If i were you i would be complain again! They've just kept your vouchers so theyre gaining now. When i ordered, they delivered me several items that went out of date that day (it was delivered at 9pm!) so it was virtually impossible to eat. I called and they refunded each item i wasnt happy with. They also gave me a £12 lamb joint when i asked for a £5 one. They refunded the difference with that too. Its an expensive number to call but they actually do something about it so it might be worth a try. Its on the top of your confirmation paper.

:haha: I feel bad because DH works for Tesco Customer Service :blush: They don't "hold on to" your money. It can take UP TO five days to be returned to your account. It's so they can cover their bums. Honestly though, if you were out at the delivery time, how is it Tesco's fault? Not taking their side or anything, but if I schedule a delivery, I'm in for it :shrug:

:haha: I feel bad because DH works for Tesco Customer Service :blush: They don't "hold on to" your money. It can take UP TO five days to be returned to your account. It's so they can cover their bums. Honestly though, if you were out at the delivery time, how is it Tesco's fault? Not taking their side or anything, but if I schedule a delivery, I'm in for it :shrug:

Her OH was in with it tho and just didnt hear the door. Ive always had a call just before any deliveries I had arrived, but that was as zbout a year ago last used them

I had trouble last year with ASDA. I did my big xmas shop online but we had snow. I received an email from them saying they were unable to bring my order because of the weather. It however turned up regardless. I was told to accept it even tho there was over half the things missing. I then had to ring them up and list every single item that was missing (over 50 things by code) and was told that I would not be refunded for 5 days. By then all the shops were shut so I had to borrow money to get all the missing things from my local sainsburys as ASDA had my money but failed to gimmie my xmas food. Havent ordered food online since :/

I think its ridiculous that they keep hold of ur money if things go wrong. Surely there must be a quicker way to refund

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->