Tessa & Rileys birth story

Nervousmomtob

Mommy to Riley <3
Reaction score
So at 8:30pm on June 1st Me and Joey went to hospital to be induced we ended up having to wait until 10 to get put into a back room because so many women had went into labor. Once they got us in the back room they checked my vitals and put monitors on my belly for babys heartbeat and contractions. Turns out I was having contractions just I couldn't really feel them much.

I finally got switched to a delivery room and was given sadol for my back pain and a pill to soften my cervix. Nurses came and went giving pain medicine and checking me as needed and finally my contractions were really uncomfortable and I was 3cm. The doctor and a nurse came in and broke my water. I had A LOT of water. Infact I think a lot is a understandment :haha: Once my water broke my contractions got really strong and were one right after the other. Joey had to try to keep me calm the best he could. Finally the guy came in who was giving me my epidural. I hated getting it with the strong contractions I was having because I was scared I'd move. A nurse and Joey held me to help keep me still. After I got that done with I was happy as a clam.
But then the doctor came in and checked me and I really hadn't made any progress. After that happened again and again he finally decided if I wasn't progressing anymore by 3:30pm I'd have to have a c section. Well that time came around and I hadn't progressed at all. So when they gave me that news I cried and cried. I was insanely scared. They renumbed me when it was almost time. (had to wait for the room to open up) ans then took me back to be prepped. I shook through the whole surgery and eventually almost threw up. The pressure was awful. But hearing her cry for the first time was amazing. Joey watched the procedure and said it was pretty nasty. Lol and she was crying when just her head was out.

Now I'm still in hospital but I should get to go home tomorrow. I had a fever of 102f after surgery but it's finally back to normal. Today I got to take a shower but I had to have a nurse wash from waist down. I can walk just very slowly. It still hurts but she is totally worth it. I love her so much!

Awee Im glad everything turned out well! Riley is beautiful!!

Oh Tessa you are on brave mama!! I'd be shitting myself if I'd got induced then had to get a csection :wacko: Glad she's here happy and healthy and it wasn't a totally crazy expierence for you!! Hope you start feeling better soon and congrats on your beautiful baby girl!! xoxo :hugs:

Thanks girls! I'm definitely enjoying her. Joey loves her to death.
I think she looks more like him but she has a few of my traits.
And I'm really not that brave I was scared to death! Lol I'm glad it's over with now though

And I'm really not that brave I was scared to death! Lol I'm glad it's over with now though

Aw that's super sweet! I'm glad you two are so happy!!! :) lol I can imagine you were super scared but it sounds like you were really brave!! <3

aww thats cute. I am sure my OH will be the saame way when our LO is born... He will prbably forget all about me :haha: I think that you are really brave to go through all that.

Congratulations Tessa!! She's beautiful. I hope you didn't forget to get a happy birthday vagazzle before you went ;) Sorry you had to have a c-section, heal quickly!<3

Oh man, Tessa. This sounds like... Almost dead on to my experience. Almost. Especially the part about crying and crying before, yup. That was me. Especially since mine was emergency, sigh. Congratulations dear, I really truly hope you recover quickly but try and take it as easy as possible, I promise you don't want to strain yourself. She is just absolutely beautiful! :hugs2:

Sorry to hear you ended up with a c section, but you got your beautiful little one out of it :) Congratulations!

Love the name :) big congrats to you and your little family... enjoy motherhood xx

After I got that done with I was happy as a clam.

This really made me laugh when I was ready your birth story :rofl: I have never heard of this expression before and it really took me off guard when I was ready about your contractions getting worse and having to get an epidural!! I was really concentrating on your story and then couldn't help but laugh when I read it!!

Congratulations again sweetheart :hugs: The birth of your little girl really is worth the pain. I hope you can have that shower today and that things progress nicely for you! I can't wait to see some more pictures! She's a wee gem Tessa!!! xoxoxox

Thanks everyone. =] so far she's a quiet thing except at night she seems to be extra hungry

Aw Tessa that is awesome! I am sure you were scared- that sounds pretty scary. But you were really brave. I am glad that she is here! I hope that you have a really quick recovery. Do you know when you'll be able to go home? Congratulations!

I'm going home today. Were just waiting on her doctor to come by and check her out. And my blood count is still low so inhale to take iron pills when I get home.

Congratulations Tessa!! She's beautiful. I hope you didn't forget to get a happy birthday vagazzle before you went ;) Sorry you had to have a c-section, heal quickly!<3

:haha: I wish I wouldve got the vagazzle :p sadly I just shaved though

:haha: I wish I wouldve got the vagazzle :p sadly I just shaved though

:rofl: I totally forgot about the vagazzle. I still want to do it just to see the look on my doctors face.

Anyhoo, congrats again!! Sorry you had to have the C-section. I'm terrified of them!!

Congratulations on your new arrival! I will probably sob if they end up giving me a section, as well! I'm glad that you are doing well now though & that little Riley is here safely. Get some rest & let your OH take care of you some with you're recovering! :winkwink:
I am so happy for you! :flow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"