test progression question...

mnicole

Reaction score
This is my second cycle using OPK's, the cheap internet bundles. Last cycle, I started at CD 7, and there was NO progression, they would be semi dark, to barely there, to a little dark etc. until I got my positive CD 17. The same trend seems to be happening this cycle as well. I had a medium tone the first day, damn near positive yesterday, and barely there today (CD9 today). My quesiton is, is this normal?? I always hear about progression leading up to the surge, I clearly am not following that trend. Is progression a myth?? Does it make sense that the levels would be higher-lower-higher etc?

I'm new to OPKs myself but I think progression is an HPT thing. With my OPK last cycle it was negative, negative, negative, POSITIVE, negative, negative, negative. If google LH surge, you'll see the charts that show the LH surge really is a spike, so the only progression you'd get is on the way down.

I haven't had any sign of pregression at all. They literally go from dark, to barely there, to dark to positive etc in no order at all. Even after the surge, they fade in and out. I had a very dark one on CD 8, damn near positive. Today (CD 10) barely a line, I had to squint to see any trace of pink. It just doesn't seem normal, from what I've read. However, I suppose when TTC none of us are very alike

That does sound strange. What brand are you using? Are you taking the tests only once per day when it's almost positive? If I took mine only once per day, I wouldn't see a positive because my positive OPKs don't last a full 24 hours. They usually last only about 12 hours. So if I tested every 24 hours, I would miss it. These are my OPKs from this past cycle, I think this is what you need to be looking for.

Attachments

• OPK3-12.jpg
    OPK3-12.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 39
I've been using opk's on and off for months, it is best to take them between 11am-7pm, to get a true reading, also to take them at the same time each day. I take mine at 6pm each night which seems to be the easiest time for me to make sure I can do them at the same time each day, hope this helps :) good luck to you all

I just started using OPKs last cycle and had no idea that there was a progression until I went from a light line to an almost positive. I had a limited amount of OPKs with that brand and ran out so I couldn't test anymore. Of course I ran to BNB to get the opinion of other TTCers. I found out from most members that there is a progression. I bought to Wondfo on amazon in a bundle (chelsealynnb has the same brand in the pic above). You can clearly see a progression with those and there are enough that you can test multiple times a day. I don't usually test at the same time of the day have had no problems seeing my progression. Good luck!

I know this is an older post but I have the same problem. Mine will be non existant, than a bit of a line then back to no line, then a darker line, then no line, back to a light line. I have no idea when I will be due to O as I just got Mirena out but a little bit of consistency would be nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->