Ollie
Jack
Finnley

Girls names:
Isobel
Calleigh (too much csi!)
Esme
Jenna

Some lovely names here ladies!! How will we ever choose!!

Our front running names at the moment are:

Girl
Isabel
Arya (or spelled Aria either)

Boy
Alexander (shortened to Alex)
Jackson
Jacob (Jake)
Noah
Will - this is my father's name though and we were thinking we could use William as a second name as there's already a Will in DH's immediate family

Haven't gotten any second names yet - we want them to mean something though. DH is not too keen on Arya (yet ;) ) but i'm hoping it'll grown on him! He loves Isabel though plus it goes with our surname.
I absolutely love Alex for a boy, DH does too! It's probably the only name both of us agree on HOWEVER I made the mistake of sharing our love of the name with my cousin and they ended up calling their first child Alex! He was born 6 weeks ago and they named him Thomas first and when I visited them in hospital I mentioned Alex being my favourite baby name and the next thing I'd heard was that they'd changed the name of the baby to Alex - after Alexander the Great!!! Yeah right! Anyway, I'm still adamant that we use it regardless of them seeing as it was "ours" first!

Girl
Isabel

Boy
Jackson
Jacob (Jake)
Noah
Will - this is my father's name though and we were thinking we could use William as a second name as there's already a Will in DH's immediate family

Haven't gotten any second names yet - we want them to mean something though. DH is not too keen on Arya (yet ;) ) but i'm hoping it'll grown on him! He loves Isabel though plus it goes with our surname.
I absolutely love Alex for a boy, DH does too! It's probably the only name both of us agree on HOWEVER I made the mistake of sharing our love of the name with my cousin and they ended up calling their first child Alex! He was born 6 weeks ago and they named him Thomas first and when I visited them in hospital I mentioned Alex being my favourite baby name and the next thing I'd heard was that they'd changed the name of the baby to Alex - after Alexander the Great!!! Yeah right! Anyway, I'm still adamant that we use it regardless of them seeing as it was "ours" first!

How dare they steal your baby name. My DH and I are pretty hush hush about what we want to name our children because we are afraid someone might steal the names. We definately have chosen Samuel as a first name but can't commit to a middle name for him. And we have chosen either Isabella Adriann or Kensi Nicole as names for a daughter. I love the name Alex and had thought of it as a middle name to go with Samuel but DH wasn't in love with the idea. He wants a middle name that means something. Adriann is after my moms middle name (ann). And Nicole is my middle name. So my DH either wants Michael (his name) or Frank (FIL name) to go with samuel. I am on the fence. I love the name Alexander or Cooper to go with Samuel. What do you ladies think??

Girl
Isabel

Boy
Jackson
Jacob (Jake)
Noah

How dare they steal your baby name. My DH and I are pretty hush hush about what we want to name our children because we are afraid someone might steal the names. We definately have chosen Samuel as a first name but can't commit to a middle name for him. And we have chosen either Isabella Adriann or Kensi Nicole as names for a daughter. I love the name Alex and had thought of it as a middle name to go with Samuel but DH wasn't in love with the idea. He wants a middle name that means something. Adriann is after my moms middle name (ann). And Nicole is my middle name. So my DH either wants Michael (his name) or Frank (FIL name) to go with samuel. I am on the fence. I love the name Alexander or Cooper to go with Samuel. What do you ladies think??

Oh I know! What was I thinking :( I'm normally very hush hush but since they'd already named their son I thought I was safe! It was just before our wedding too so I remember I was totally stressed out with that too and the name stealing almost made me have a complete breakdown!
Oh I loooooooove your name choices! Samuel is a FAB name - I have to disagree with you DH ;) Alexander or Cooper just SOUNDS better IMO! Although Samuel Michael sounds nice too but I'm not too keen on the Samuel Frank (unless it was maybe Francis - this was my grandfathers name RIP)
If your DH is anything like my one though you won't get your way - my DH is very into compromise which means neither of us will get our way!!!:dohh:

Girl
Isabel

Boy
Jackson
Jacob (Jake)
Noah

Oh I know! What was I thinking :( I'm normally very hush hush but since they'd already named their son I thought I was safe! It was just before our wedding too so I remember I was totally stressed out with that too and the name stealing almost made me have a complete breakdown!
Oh I loooooooove your name choices! Samuel is a FAB name - I have to disagree with you DH ;) Alexander or Cooper just SOUNDS better IMO! Although Samuel Michael sounds nice too but I'm not too keen on the Samuel Frank (unless it was maybe Francis - this was my grandfathers name RIP)
If your DH is anything like my one though you won't get your way - my DH is very into compromise which means neither of us will get our way!!!:dohh:

I usually get my way on small things that dont have much impact on either of us. But when it comes to the larger things its all about comprimise. I like the idea of Francis though I might have to run that by him. And I have a cousin whose name is Frank but we call him Francis all the time. So thank you for the idea. I guess the hard part now is waiting to be able to take that test. Or waiting for my AF. I am really hopeful this month though since we used OPK so I am keeping my fingers crossed and praying for BFP. Wishing the same with baby dust for all the ladies TTC!!!!

What a great topic! I really like the names Amelia and Ethan that you mentioned! So cute!

For a girl I really like Ava Grace or Ayla Grace. Lately I have really liked Charlotte, too...
For a boy we have picked out Logan John...what do you all think?

I love the name ava and ayla, and grace is going to be my middle name for one of my girls too

...and 3 months ago my friend had a boy and named him Logan John aha!! x

For girls I love Enolah Grace and Narlah Mae
For boys I love Alfie Lou and Harley Skylah or Harley-Sky?? Last name will be Humphrey x x

I usually get my way on small things that dont have much impact on either of us. But when it comes to the larger things its all about comprimise. I like the idea of Francis though I might have to run that by him. And I have a cousin whose name is Frank but we call him Francis all the time. So thank you for the idea. I guess the hard part now is waiting to be able to take that test. Or waiting for my AF. I am really hopeful this month though since we used OPK so I am keeping my fingers crossed and praying for BFP. Wishing the same with baby dust for all the ladies TTC!!!!

I know it was only our first month TTC but we also just OPK so I have my fingers and toes crossed! I've spent the best part of a year regulating my periods and getting the oven ready for the little bun so now just have to have the patience to wait to take that test! Hope you get a BFP :)

I hope you and your husband do as well!! This will be our 3rd month actively trying but only first month using OPK so pretty happy right now. I think I need to be more positive about it, but joining this forum even in just the last few days has really helped. So thank you to all you ladies and BABY DUST to all!!!!

My family is going to flip out if they here these names, especially Jimi Sky! They are beyond Jewish, my DH and I are only half.... do I really need to make them happy too? Jimi is technically James.... Is it ok to just leave it as Jimi or would my boy grow up to be taken less seriously? James is Jacob in Hebrew, but I sorta just like Jimi.... wow, its going to be a fun 8 months ahead!!

Honeymamma- im glad someone understands lol Wellington is great! Sounds like someone with an curious mind and full of insight. a writer i suppose?

sprouty - lol at your family flipping out at jimi sky! i love it! lol

maybe james is better for the birth certificate? my DH's parents had the idea of putting a pet name on his birth certificate and to this day he wishes they put a proper name (ex. Tommy vs Thomas), especially since he works in a verrrry serious place and his email "From" field has his birth cert name! lol :dohh: i still think sky is a great middle name though, and james has a lot of character. jimi is sweet :baby:

one thing's for sure, the name battle b/n dh and i is tougher than i thought it would be, and we're not even preggo yet! lol :wacko:

loving all the names you girls have got

my dd is megan olivia

for the next one we are thinking

boy

finley thomas
cohen james

girl

darcie may
esmee grace

i loved evelyn , but my brother in law has a niece by that name and he calls her evil-lyn lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->