Testing July 2014

citrusfruit

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This is my first post here and this will be my first month TTC. We have just made the decision to TTC and obviously have not told anyone about it. I am desperately excited so would love some people to chat to about it. If anyone is going to be testing around the same time, please join me in general obsessing and symptom spotting :)

I'll be testing around 8th July, anyone else? :baby:

Hi!! Welcome! We are about to go into our 9th cycle here soon and will be testing around July 8th/9th. Would love to wait it out with another fab group of ladies to chat with. We also aren't talking about TTC to any friends/family.

Just waiting for AF to come full blown (having usual pre-AF spotting now) so I can call CD1!

Are you temping? Using OPK's? Preseed? Or just going the natural route?

Hi ladies! Can I join? We are going into our 2nd cycle and I will probaly test around July 6/7th. I have just been using an app on my phone to chart my cycle and make notes, but I have an OPK that I think I will use this month.

Hey! I'm currently on CD 6 but normally have cycles from 32-35 days. I have been charting for the last 3 months as I knew we would be TTC from nowish. Think I know enough to cover my ovulation so haven't used OPK's....yet! Seem to have ovulated the last 3 cycles. Sods law this'll be the first one I don't!

What is preseed?

Maddy - what app are you using? I only ask because when we first started TTC I just used a generic app on my phone for ovulation. Come to find out it was so off. Fertility Friend has a great app, and once I started tracking my BBT I realized when my actual O day was (2-3 days BEFORE those generic apps were telling me).

citrusfriut - preseed is a sperm friendly lube that some women use while TTC. You insert it inside you before sex and it can mimic EWCM for those that have little to none.

Hey!DH & I will be starting to try for #1 this month! On Thursday I will be taking my last bcp, so I'm guessing cd1 will be about the 16th of this month. That's from my withdrawl bleed tho of course and since I've been on the pill for 8 years I have no clue what my cycles will do. I could be one of those women who doesn't ovulate for months and months. In my ideal world though hopefully I'll ovulate at the end of the month. I won't be charting or doing a OPKs at first, so I really won't know what's going on. I can so see myself testing with an FRER about July 10-12 though if nothings happened yet.

Great to have a few of us testing around the same time, it'll be good to have a little moral support. I use FF too, I have found it excellent so far. Maybe I'll try the preseed at some point! Sounds fun! Anyone else find the first part of the cycle really boring?! I don't usually ovulate till about day 19 and I want to get going already!

Maddy - what app are you using? I only ask because when we first started TTC I just used a generic app on my phone for ovulation. Come to find out it was so off. Fertility Friend has a great app, and once I started tracking my BBT I realized when my actual O day was (2-3 days BEFORE those generic apps were telling me).

citrusfriut - preseed is a sperm friendly lube that some women use while TTC. You insert it inside you before sex and it can mimic EWCM for those that have little to none.

Oh, good to know! I am using a general app called MyDays. I've been tracking my cycles on it and can see that I average around 28 days. I was thinking of using an OPK this month though to see if I really do ovulate when the app says I do.

MyDays is good for tracking when to expect your period, but just be careful about what they think is your O day. My period is usually 28 days, but I ovulate anywhere between CD12-CD15. Usually around CD13 lately.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that you can have a normal 28 day cycle every time, but that doesn't mean you are going to ovulate on the same day every cycle.

:hi: I'll be testing around the same time as you :) July 8

:hi: everyone!
I would like to join if okay. I am currently on CD7. First cycle actually being able ttc and using first round of serophene (clomid)
O should be no later then the 17th and I'll be testing in the first weeks of July!

AF finally arrived for me!! Was spotting for 4 days, first time for that (usually it's 2-3)...glad to finally move on to this new cycle!

Have any of you ladies tried taking Mucinex to help with EWCM? I'm going to give that a go this cycle, but curious if it messed with your cycle at all.

Hi and welcome to all the newbies! Can't wait till it all gets exciting on here, exciting to think some of us might have BFP's in a month or less! I'm not sure about EWCM. Is it hard to get pg if you don't have much or if it's too watery? Mine is often watery then seems to lessen in amount as it goes to EWCM.

My DH hates me talking too much about it. He doesn't even know I'm on here, he'd think I'm crazy! He wants a baby but just wants to do it all au naturel so not sure he'd be to into inserting things before BD :blush:

Hello! I'll be testing on the 2nd of July!! :) I would love to obsess with you ladies! This is my first month TTC #2 and I am just coming off of BC. :D

hi ladies :wave:

finally back in here! I have a 2.5 year old daughter and we are going to start trying for number 2 this month - and of course my AF is nowhere to be found! I am putting it down to stress and illness but as soon as she shows up we will officially be in our first TTC cycle!

good luck to all :)

I'm not sure about EWCM. Is it hard to get pg if you don't have much or if it's too watery? Mine is often watery then seems to lessen in amount as it goes to EWCM.

My DH hates me talking too much about it. He doesn't even know I'm on here, he'd think I'm crazy! He wants a baby but just wants to do it all au naturel so not sure he'd be to into inserting things before BD :blush:

It is hard to get pregnant without EWCM, but I have done a lot of research (since I don't get any) and there are a lot of women who say they did get pregnant without any present. So it's possible, but I'm sure it makes it harder to conceive. Which is why we also try and use preseed around my fertile time as much as we can (sometimes we just forget). I didn't want to clue him into the Preseed, but he is not an idiot...he knew something was different!! It doesn't bother him now, sometimes he'll even ask..."do you need to insert that...um...stuff?" before we BD! :haha:

My OH doesn't like talking about this either! He has no idea I'm on a website!! Haha

So glad its not just my hubby Beachy! I know I am obsessed but I just can't help it. Giggle about the preseed. I think I'll hold off on that for a couple of months and see what happens naturally. Once we start BDing though I'm not sure how I'll be able to tell between sperm and EWCM at the important time!! I'll probably get impatient and get some OPK's next month to make sure we time it right.

So glad its not just my hubby Beachy! I know I am obsessed but I just can't help it. Giggle about the preseed. I think I'll hold off on that for a couple of months and see what happens naturally. Once we start BDing though I'm not sure how I'll be able to tell between sperm and EWCM at the important time!! I'll probably get impatient and get some OPK's next month to make sure we time it right.

I think I've moved beyond obsessed now. I mean, I'm on this site more than FB now a days!! Haha...but that's mostly because FB can get upsetting at times.

If I were you I would skip the OPK's and start temping instead. Temping is the only way to 100% confirm ovulation. Some women get positive OPK's and don't ovulate. I know when I used OPK's I didn't always get a positive, but I knew through temping that I did O! So frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->