Testing July 2014

jjbubbles, I've heard you have to release the sperm so new ones can form! Why would you want to have 2 weeks on 2 weeks off, out of interest? Just to have a break?

How's everyone else doing?

Hi, girls. Saving a spot because AF is due tomorrow and I'm still getting stark BFNs. :(

I'm going to give temping a go this cycle. I've been pulling multiple positive OPKs and I just have no idea what day (or even if!) I'm ovulating. It's been a crap shoot. I just worry that my sleep schedule is too wonky for proper temping. My 4 year old still wakes a lot, during the night, and so I'm up at least 2 times a night.. sometimes more.

I tried grapefruit juice during my fertile week and it really helped with my EWCM. I normally do not have very much. I'm probably going to order preseed, too.

Truthfully, I'm just getting discouraged. I know that I haven't even been trying that long, as opposed to so many others, but I conceived in my first cycle with all 3 of my prior pregnancies, so I can't help but feel like something is going on here. :( However, in those pregnancies there was no obsession like there is now. No charting, no tracking. Just straight BDing as often as possible. It sure made it a lot more enjoyable than it's become.

just a lil laugh. I texted my husband to let him know I was ordering stuff for baby making and he said "yay!" later that night he asked me what kind of toys I ordered....ummmm lol I ordered preseed, opk's and hpts.

jjbubbles28 - also sperm can live inside your tubes for up to a week! so dtd BEFORE you O is actually the prime time. and the sperm that carry the girl chromosome are slower and last longer so they take longer to get to the egg. which is why when most try for a girl they dtd before O day.

Hi ladies, just checking in! CD7 here for me. I didn't really temp over the weekend (too far away from O to care) and I already feel a bit more relaxed about this cycle. Though the OH is going out of town until Sunday and I should O either Sunday or Monday.

We can hopefully BD those two days, and we'll just cross our fingers. I've already accepted that it might not happen due to timing and it's crazy how relaxed I feel about it. I guess having the attitude that "it's probably not going to happen but if it does YAY" helps me.

I already feel myself obsessing less!

bdb84, don't get discouraged! It sounds like you are doing everything right. Can I ask - how long have you been trying for this time? Keep us updated!

I've had a rough go of it over the last week, dealing with a tooth that needs a root canal. :( My dentist put me on an antibiotic until he can do the procedure. He also prescribed a pain killer, but I only took that one day because I couldn't work while taking it. I've been told that this shouldn't impact us ttc, I'm still a little worried. Anyone have any experience with this?

Hi, girls. Saving a spot because AF is due tomorrow and I'm still getting stark BFNs. :(

I'm going to give temping a go this cycle. I've been pulling multiple positive OPKs and I just have no idea what day (or even if!) I'm ovulating. It's been a crap shoot. I just worry that my sleep schedule is too wonky for proper temping. My 4 year old still wakes a lot, during the night, and so I'm up at least 2 times a night.. sometimes more.

I tried grapefruit juice during my fertile week and it really helped with my EWCM. I normally do not have very much. I'm probably going to order preseed, too.

Truthfully, I'm just getting discouraged. I know that I haven't even been trying that long, as opposed to so many others, but I conceived in my first cycle with all 3 of my prior pregnancies, so I can't help but feel like something is going on here. :( However, in those pregnancies there was no obsession like there is now. No charting, no tracking. Just straight BDing as often as possible. It sure made it a lot more enjoyable than it's become.

:hugs: glad you are trying temping this time around. Don't worry too much about your sleeping schedule, just do the best you can to take it at the same time every day. I've been in the habit lately of waking up at 4AM every morning for the last month, my alarm doesn't go off until 6AM and I usually don't really fall back asleep after 4AM. I still get a temp shift and can pin point O!

hey there!I will prob be testing around that time. Thats If I can wait that long lol. We've been trying for about 6 months so hopefully this is the month for us :thumbup: Good luck fx!!

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here and this will be my first month TTC. We have just made the decision to TTC and obviously have not told anyone about it. I am desperately excited so would love some people to chat to about it. If anyone is going to be testing around the same time, please join me in general obsessing and symptom spotting :)

I'll be testing around 8th July, anyone else? :baby:

bdb84, don't get discouraged! It sounds like you are doing everything right. Can I ask - how long have you been trying for this time? Keep us updated!

I've had a rough go of it over the last week, dealing with a tooth that needs a root canal. :( My dentist put me on an antibiotic until he can do the procedure. He also prescribed a pain killer, but I only took that one day because I couldn't work while taking it. I've been told that this shouldn't impact us ttc, I'm still a little worried. Anyone have any experience with this?

Technically since February, but I started using OPKs and obsessing in March. It's just hard because I feel like I'm doing everything right and still- nothing. Even if I am missing my O by a few days, I feel that we DTD enough (even past O) to cover all of our bases. I have an appointment with my OB-GYN next week (annual appt) and I'm going to get his input.

So, AF got me this morning. CD1 here.

OH! I conceived my daughter in the month that I had a root canal done. I had taken a couple of pain killers that month, too.

bellaxgee-I have used opks and got 2 surges, temping doesnt work for me, so instead I have planned my 2 week stretch to catch O. My own plan before I go to the doc:)

Hi Citrus, my thought was to have as much sex in my fertile window . I have had 2 surges amonth on opks so I encompassed those 2 weeks and the other 2.......I sleep :)

Citrus, this is what research I found on sperm...Enjoy!

https://www.reddit.com/r/askscience/comments/1dqj0g/

https://www.medhelp.org/posts/Sexua...ejaculating-for-3-months-straight/show/262432

https://ehealthforum.com/health/fresh-vs-old-sperm-t189887.html

Sorry you're having a rough time of it maddy. Hope your tooth feels better soon!

Good to hear you're being more relaxed this cycle beachy. It'll probably be your cycle then! I've read so many people say that they fall when they stop stressing about it. (I'm not ready to stop yet though, haha)

Anyone approaching ovulation yet?

Hi ladies,
I've enjoyed reading your thread - it's been making me giggle.

I'm new to all this but we're on day 19 of this cycle and the opk said yesterday and today that i'm ovulating so fingers crossed. I'm trying to have fun with it all but at the moment, some nights I'm putting out when I'm not really in the mood. The things we do! So broody and have 2 friends who have recently announced that they are pregnant. Gutted it isn't me yet.

Have never heard of preseed before. This might be something to try next month. My AF is due on the 28th June but I'm going to try not to test before then this month as it's getting too expensive!

Welcome misstwilson. Is this your first cycle TTC or just your first cycle using OPK's and the like? I totally agree with the BD when you don't feel like it. First cycle here and I thought I'd enjoy TTC a lot more but it just feels pressured and unnatural! Argh! Hope it will get better in time.

Cd2 here. I temped for the first time this AM, at 5AM.

It was 96.76.

Does that seem pretty normal? I've never taken my temp unless I felt feverish, so it seems a little low.

It will get better make it fun. .. yes it's a big deal cuz your trying to make a baby but relax have fun with your partner use toys try different positions use massage oils, do chocolate and strawberrys. Main thing relax. .... Baby dust and fx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->