"Testing Out" HCG trigger???

smk4Lafs

Reaction score
TTC for 15 cycles now... This was my first month with an HCG trigger shot. I also take letrozole (femara) cd 3-7. I decided to "test out" the trigger shot to see when it leaves my system. I'm 11 days past the trigger and 9 dpo. I still got a faint positive this morning on the cheapie wondfo test (same type of test I've been using since I took the trigger shot). I know there is no real way to know if this is still the trigger or a "real" positive - but I sure know what I hope it is :happydance: I'd like to hear any of your stories/experiences with "testing out" the trigger shot... When did it leave your system? Did you get a negative for a few days, then back to positive? Never negative at all?

I think the HCG shot is supposed to last up to 14 days...some longer, some shorter. I'm on the longer side of that...mine last up to 20 dpt. I'll end up getting AF and still be testing out the trigger :p

There really isn't any way to know unless you test every day after the trigger to watch the progression.

It will depend on how strong the trigger jab was, when I had it it would be out of my system by about day 10

What happens if you take a LH/OPK test? I tested about 10 hours before my BFP on a LH and got a STRONG positive and waited to test until husband left as knew I would be happy to point of annoying if I did it when he was home lmao.

I have never done shots/meds so this is just a random what would happen question:p

An opk will always have a line as there is always lh in your system which is why an opk is only classed as positive if it as dark as the control line. If you are you would get an positive opk as hcg jabs are used to stimulate ovulation. However having a positive on an opk does not mean you are definitely pregnant. Hope that answers your question.

I get that it needs to be as dark or darker. but was wondering if an opk would show a true positive faster then a HPT. Positive OPK I got was SO dark there was barely a control. I MC July 15th and the OPK went negative after few days while the HPT stayed darker and is still lightly positive. Was thinking maybe a OPK could help show a positive faster then a HPT. Obviously a blood test would solve the entire issue, but thought maybe lh would leave faster then the hpt when it is false

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->