Testing tommorow

Blondeone

Reaction score
if you have seen my other thread u will be aware that i may be pregnant. anyway tommorow im going to get a test nd i ws just wondering what tests are best. im going to get 2 to make sure ive got a more accurate result but i dont no wether to get 2 of the same brand or 2 different brands. im so nervous atm i doubt i will sleep tonight. i never thought i would fall pregnant and i still dont think that i am pregnant but my body seems to be telling me otherwise! im trying so hard not to think about it too much incase i end up depressed if the result turns out to be negative (although i wasnt TTC in the first place!). i have been with my OH for around 8 months and before we were sexually active my period would last 7 days and then there would be 28 days between the last day of my period and the first day of my next period, it had been in this strict routine(if thats what u call it) for as long as i can remember other than the first 2 years of starting my period.my period was due around 4 days ago so i checked the dates of my other periods to check i wasnt getting paranoid over nothing:
January i was on from 26th - 1st feb
then 24th feb-2nd march
this is wher it went weird and i had only 20 days between my periods 23rd march-29th march
and then we get to this months period.....which hasnt arrived. i wasnt getting paranoid as i no its normal for periods to mess about, but then yesterday nite i went to the toilet and noticed a tiny spot of blood (implantation bleeding?) i presumed my period was arriving but ive still had nothing and no other signs of period arriving (boobs arent sore and spots havent gone mad!) therefore i am taking a test tommorow to know for sure!

Hey hun,
Let us know how ur testing goes tomorrow..
I bought the cheapest tests from boots and superdrug and one from my pharmacy and they all came out with an accurate result..I think its worth choosing two different brands and deffo take two tests incase one goes wrong or you get a negative then you've got a back up to try testing agen in a few days if your period doesnt come.
Hope u get the result you want xx

good luck i hope you get the result you want ,, post tomorrow x

Good luck hope you get the result you want :) And its defo worth paying out and getting 2 maybe 3 different branded, because then it just prevents false negatives incase its a faulty batch or something and you know for definate :)
Let us know how you get on :)
x

good luck, hope you get the result you want ^__^ xo

i took a boots test and a clearblue digi test this morning....both came :bfn:.....but then where the hell is my period :wacko:

last month mine was late by a week and then It just came.
There could be a multitude of reasons for it being late eg. Stress
How late is it?
X

yeah mine is sometimes a day or 2 late/early but its almost a week late now and my last period was 5 days early. i wouldnt have thought much of it but seeing as i had a spot of blood the other day i thought it was implantation bleeding. ive still had no symptoms of my period arriving i usually get cravings, spots, bloating and sore boobs up to a week before it arrives and ive had none of them. im so confused:cry:

I know what you mean, I feel the same. My period is late by 11days. I've been bloated constipated (tmi) queasy, sore boobs that are noticably bigger, I'm tired all the time.
I wouldn't reccomend basing the outcome on the tests you have taken, wait another week and test again, if it's still negative and no period book an appointment with your doc.
False negative aren't uncommon very early on.
Hope I've helped x

if money isnt an issue i would go for a clear blue, and a first response...hope u get what u want lovely girl xx

on the test it tells u to take another one in 3 days if period still hasnt arrived but i alredy spent £14 on the 2 test today i cant spend that again so ill just have to buy a cheap one and hope for accurate results :( im trying so hard not to stress about it incase it makes me even later, but its so hard i cant stop thinking about it and thinking that im actually pregnant.... all the signs are there except the positive pregnancy test! im getting myself so worked up about it :(

i might talk to my mum about it...but then she would realise me and my OH are having sex while everyone else is home nd she'l probably be weird whenever he comes over, i think she might go a bit mad too!

I'm not on good terms with mum, so personaly I wouldn't talk to my mum. I reccomend talkig to someone you trust. Your OH, a close friend or family member.
xo

I agree with Wizzy..if you still dont get your period in about a week take another test and to be honest the cheaper tests can be just as good as the expensive ones. Before I found out I was pregnant I had a scare and paid out loads on tests for them all to be negative, so the second time I thought I'll try the cheaper ones and they worked fine for me they all said positive and not one negative.
You should talk to someone you trust though, maybe a little older than yourself? Maybe a family friend? I personally found that talking to my best friends did very little they were abit judgemental and most were like 'you cant possibly keep it its ridiculous' and only one person, my very best friends said 'you cant have an abortion it's your decision do what you think is right', and I found talking to my mums best friend the easiest.
She wouldn't go behind my back and tell her, but she knows my mum better than anyone and I asked her to be there when I told her, but I decided it was best if we were alone
x

i just told my mum about it... didnt go too well she was really angry that i had never said anything to her about it before, she asked me if ive been using protection and said "dont lie to me about it" i just said i had because i cant be botherd with the hastle of telling her that i havent. then she told me IF i am pregnant she would "strongly advise you have an abortion" then she asked me what i would do and i replied "not have an abortion" which she was not best pleased about. then she told me i wouldnt be able to stay at home as i would cause to much stress so she recommended me and my OH got a place together...which we can't afford so would be living in some crappy house and more than likely get stressed with each other and split. also found out i didnt take the tests first thing in the morning which you are meant to do with the clearblue one but the boots one can be taken any time so i guess it still means :bfn:

I'm sorry to hear about how your mum reacted. give her time to digest what you have told her, because to her you still her baby. From what I've heard most parents come round to the idea once they get over the initial shock x

Im sorry telling your mum didnt go how you wanted.
Just give her a day or 2 to come to terms with everything.
Im sure she'll come around.
When I told my mum she was really upset but she didn't mention anything about kicking me out, though she made it clear she thought I should have an abortion, but she didn't pressure me and said it was my choice she'd support me whatever I decide, and Im sure when the thought isn't so new and shocking your mum will be the same :)
x

I'd recommend going for a cheapie first off, then if you're unsure about the result go for a digital! i've never made it that far (yet) :( ideally you should always test first thing in the morning, the hcg is more concentrated. im sorry telling your mum didn't go well, but it is your decision at the end of the day. do what feels right for you and don't let anyone pressure you. :hugs:

still no show of period.. :(
im late to college today because ive been so tired/ had hardley any energy, still no symptoms of period arriving especially the one i get when i usually crave chocolate infact thinking of that i remember a few weeks ago (probably around the time i had unprotected sex) i had a day where i just completely lost my appetite im not one for losing my appetite. also the last few days ive been getting headaches, mild cramping (it doesnt cause too much discomfort) and yesterday i felt slightly sick for around half an hour. ive stopped worrying about being pregnant after the 2 :bfn: but im now worrying whats rong with me :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->