Tests lightening/not darkening

Talia12

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I got my very faint BFP on Saturday at around 8DPO (approximate, I'm not sure) on a FRER. I had three of those left and they did get progressively darker over Sunday and Monday. I started taking CB (non digital) and those seemed to be getting darker too. I took a digi yesterday and it was positive. But now I've switched to Superdrug and Boots and they are not darkening, in fact if anything they're getting lighter. I'm really worried. This morning they took forever to show and looked exactly like BFNs at first, then eventually they both came up with faint lines.

Am I having a chemical?

I also have period-like cramps.
:(

From all of the searching I have done about test not getting darker this past week I have come to find out that as long as there is a line it's positive. Unfortunately only time will tell if you do have a chemical. This whole finding out if we're pregnant thing and hoping it sticks it just stressful and I really am hoping that everything is fine for you. With that being said since these are different test they might just have a different dye concentration. Frer are really good about being pretty bright, which is why a lot of people use them for progression. If you are worried try to get in for betas. Have you had chemicals or m/c before? If so they will probably be okay with doing the blood test for you. Cramping is pretty normal as well. The uterus is starting to stretch. I had bleeding with all of my pregnancies, 2 were healthy and I lost 1, but I didn't start cramping and bleeding until the m/c. With my other 2 I spotted for a few days and cramped for a few weeks. I am hoping the best for you!

Thank you. I am going to switch to FRER for progression and leave this others - expensive but the only way to do it, I can't keep using different brands and expecting to see progression. I had cramping early with my first too and a tiny bit of spotting but this time round combined with the lightening/not darkening lines, it's really worrying me :(

It's probably lighter bc it's a different brand. I'd stay with the same brand since they all differ in the amount of dye and such. Cramping is normal too according to my OB. When I was pregnant, I cramped worse than I do when I'm coming on to my period. I didn't test bc I was cramping so bad I kept thinking I'd start any moment. Best of luck.

Good luck! Have you thought about going in to a doctor to have it confirmed?

Thanks ladies. I bought some frer today and am going to use just one frer a day and at the same time each morning and then decide whether to get worried or not.
I would like to go to a doctor about it, but I'm in the UK and while I could get a referral to the early pregnancy unit (I did with my son at 5w) they won't like it this early on (4w). I don't have the money to go private right now but if I really get panicky I'll swallow my pride and ask for the referral.

Good luck! Also my progression didn't start til last night. Sometimes it just takes time. Keep us updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->